Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday Musings

It's a bright sunshiney Monday morning.  That's a big deal here considering we have seen little of the sun for seemingly weeks on end. 

The colors have been lovely this year.  Yes that's Lisi out there in the distance looking for a squirrel to chase.

I've been "chatting" on-line with "Amit", "Saddam", and some other folks trying to rid a couple computers here with malware.  Shout out to Norton 360 chat people who are in massive rooms in the central part of India.  They helped immensely.  As much as Mr. Bojangles (aka Simba) thinks that he was an important part of the fix, let me tell you he was not.  He settled in while I spent more than an hour on-line chatting and watching some stranger across the globe moving the cursor around on the computer I was cleaning up.  
This weekend I took the girls to the local mall and heard some yelling coming from a nearby van.  As we walked past it I heard the mom hollering at "Leah" to get out of her car seat and come to the door. Then I noticed the bumper sticker - "Peace on earth begins at birth".  Ironic.

I found this really funny.   Especially #19.  Thanks to AB for sharing it.

Yesterday morning, daughter #1 came downstairs and looked at me and said, 'we're twins'.  Bah.  My baby is growing up.
Speaking of daughters.  Often when reading parenting advice we are told to nurture and encourage self esteem in our children.  I never was one to do that much.  I figure self-esteem is earned.  And obviously, someone around here doesn't need encouragement.  I found this on the fridge after the bus roared off.
Well I better get mobilized to do some mundane on this Monday.  It's hard to do when I have my lap full.  (I may or may not be still in my purple fuzzy bathrobe)

2 comments:

  1. Laughed myself into a coughing fit all over again at some of those poor pooches and kitties! I especially liked the huge dogs being carried to the counter by big guys!
    I have a feeling there's a healthy and unhealthy way to nourish self esteem and that your 'non way' is the healthy way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kids and let them know it and the self esteem should be there. Mira must be related to my girl, on my door for a while was, "your daughter is awesome!"

    ReplyDelete