Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday Musings

And now, back to regular programming...  Thank you for your unsolicited and very kind words regarding the last post.  Life is funny in that we move on and yet sometimes pause and linger all at the same time.

I just found a Starbucks gift card from last year's birthday!  I reckon a Pumpkin Spice Latte might be on the horizon.

I'm dizzy.  Don't say you knew that already.  Heh.  I woke up in the night and the room was spinning.  I got up this morning and the room was still circling around me.  I managed to pack three lunches, feed the dog and the cat, unload the dishwasher, feed breakfast to the masses and now I might go lay down and shut my eyes soon.

We already had our trick or treating.  Only the 'baby' went this year with two friends.  I'm not sure she got enough candy.
can you say cavities?
what?  no tuna flavor?
This girl spent the weekend with us while son #1 spent the weekend with her family.  After this girl was born, we went to the hospital to see her.  As I held the cute little baby, I told her mama the possibility of a baby coming to us in six months though I didn't want to hope too much based on our history.  Here they are today!  

'ussie' found on my camera
Speaking of "ussies" or whatever you call them.  I was pulled in for pictures the past couple days.  One I was ready for.  One I was in bed for. 

And then there is this:

I've had that book since they first came out in 1987.  My thoughtful parents purchased the nicest goatskin version since they thought it would be nice for me to have one that lasts a long time.  Well, 27 years later, it is still supple and soft and loved.  And it went missing.  I searched high and low and in between.  I dreamt about where it could have been misplaced.  I checked recycle bins and crevices behind walls.  And then four days later, I got a call!  It had accidentally gone home in a friend's bag.  Oh me oh my!  I got to thinking about it.  It is "just" a book.  But if I probably had to pick out the five most precious things I own, this would be one of them.  I love to sing.  I love our hymns.  I love that the page where #60 is is ripped because one of our babies grabbed it too quickly.  I love the slight coffee stain near the index in the back that happened twenty years ago.  I've held it singing at many, many funerals.  I love that the hymns are marked on the page of the number when the MYP made their choice.  Yes, you never know the true value of something until it is gone.  I'm just so very thankful I get a second chance to value it all over again.  

I better call this a post.  And maybe I should get something really accomplished besides blogging once the world stops spinning around me.  Wait!  The world should keep spinning!  Just not the room.  

3 comments:

  1. Umm- You know it's not good to be dizzy, right?

    This week's lesson is on Halloween. All right if I use that pic of your MYP with her candy to show my students? They'll like it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps- I have to say, the pic of that MYP and her candy was a HIT with my students! I don't think they'd quite gotten the scope of typical trick-or-treating in a U.S. city! ;)
      And last week, one of our friends saw it and had me enlarge it and tell her about each and every single kind of candy on the pic!! I tried to tell her what it was like to sip Mountain Dew through a Twizzler...but since she's never had either, it was a bit of a lost cause! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Being dizzy is no fun. That happened to me last summer/fall. Luckily the room only spun for a couple seconds, but then for several months afterward I felt light-headed almost continuously. Go see your doctor if it doesn't clear up in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete