Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Words this Wednesday

Greetings my peeps!

What I'm smelling:  banana bread in the oven.  I think it has about 15 minutes left until it is done.  I searched for yet another recipe.  I'm sure the MYP will devour it no matter the tweaking of ingredients.

What I'm seeing:
no, she didn't die
What I've done:  I woke up at 5:45 this morning to drive daughter #1 to "hour 0" class.  She needed ot make up a gym class because of an absence in September.  I had no idea there was an actual class schedule at 6:10 each morning.  And gym class no less!  It is a daily drive for some parents each morning.  And yes, it was dark as night.  ((yawn))

What I'm hearing:  Lots of beeping.   Another home is being built next door and today is the day they are putting in the septic system.

What I'm doing:  Well blogging of course.  And I also am getting used to a new computer.  We went to the 'other side' and purchased our first iMac.  It came via UPS yesterday.  The driver drove up just as Lisi and I were returning from our walk.  So she hopped into the truck and sat right in front of the treat jar that "Dave" has on the truck.  This is the same guy that stops and throws out treats on our front yard when he goes by.  He also has paused in front of the house if he sees me inside and frantically waves.  Anyway I digressed!  We have our first iMac.  I pulled it out of the box, plugged it in and voila!  It works flawlessly.  My angst of transferring pictures from my iPhone to the computer are gone.  My struggles with a nasty virus are gone.  I had to set up absolutely nothing.  The speakers are built right in.  The printer was found wirelessly.  The wi-fi was discovered immediately.  As one person told me, 'once you go Mac, you'll never go back'.  So far I've drunk the Kool-aid.

What I'm looking forward to:  Our family is going to go on a one-day adventure on Saturday.  A mini-vacation if you will.  It involves a train and a large city and hopefully a Chicago dog or a slice of deep dish pizza.

What I'm avoiding:  Housework.  The house needs a good once-over with a dust rag and vacuum.  Two large loads of laundry need to be folded.  The garage has too many leaves that blew into it.  The mudroom needs to be organized and slicked up to prepare for the onslaught of winter gear.

What I've enjoyed this morning:  "Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows".

1 comment:

  1. You will love your MAC!!! I can't believe the chairman let you live that long without one!

    ReplyDelete