Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday Musings

I feel like I have more Monday Musings material than I should.  Don't want to bore the masses so will try to sum up the past few days with bullets.  No, I don't plan to shoot you.


Mini vacations are a must.  We don't do them enough.  We were gone approximately 15 hours on Saturday to the Windy City.  If felt like we were gone on vacation somewhere by the time we returned.  It was wonderful in every way.  Why?

We saw these two:
And all of these.  I love the feeling you get when you meet a 'stranger' and they feel like an immediate friend.

We ate some of this:
Took some pictures at the "bean":

And we shopped Michigan Avenue.  In my mind it is expensive there.  And it can be if you wander into Burberry or Gucci or Louis Vuitton.  We only peeked inside and did our shopping elsewhere.  


I had my first experience here:
We were at Ikea four hours and it wasn't long enough.  Yes, that's son #1 in front of me.  We shopped and enjoyed our free meal if we spent $100.  The couple in front of us ordered 17 plates of salmon so that the store would pay for it.  Not cool...  

Yes, mini vacations.  They are perfect because after a long day of pounding the pavement, you can crawl into your own bed and call it a great day.  

There may be a Monday Musings part 2 coming...   

2 comments:

  1. As always- I love seeing pix of people I know!!! Nice day you had!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love IKEA, I could spend days in there.

    ReplyDelete