Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Musings

Time flies when you're having fun.  I'm not sure how much fun I'm really having, but the Mondays sure roll around quickly.

What to Muse today...  well maybe I'll get the weather news out of the way first.  It's cold here in dairyland.  We were single digits this morning.  We got enough snow Saturday night to need a shovel.  And the cat is cranky.  He keeps going outside thinking maybe, just maybe spring is here.
I met a new neighbor that is in the process of building a home across the street from us.  He waxed on and on about Lisi and how he's so impressed the way she stays in our yard and seems so sweet.  Then I mentioned we also have a gold cat that likes to be in and out and is a great hunter.  He said, 'well my lab Trinity will just love to chase him!'.  I reckon this guy isn't really into cats.

Circumstances caused me to be alone on Saturday.  Daughter #1 was working the whole day.  The next two were going into work with the Chairman to handle some files.  So the Chairman asks me Friday night, 'if everyone is working, will you be alright to be alone tomorrow?'.  Hm.  Well.  I'll try my best to figure out what I should do in the utter peace and quiet.  Yes dear, I think I can handle it.  Heh.

As I pulled out a new phonebook out of the mailbox the other day, one of the MYP asked me, 'what is that?'.  Um.  A phonebook.  And I am not making this up.  'What's in it?'.  Ah yes.  The generation of Google searches.  

Do you use emojis?  Our MYP use them to convey feelings often.  
This picture reminded me of the above: 
So we were sitting around Saturday night supposedly having some quiet Saturday evening reading.  It was a bit distracting to see two twin mattresses hauled upstairs into the room.  
There was yoga earlier in the day...
Some day the Chairman and I will be saying, 'remember when...'

Swedish meatballs.  I don't remember my mom making them as a child.  But I do remember serving them up at Jenkins Nursing home where I worked as a dietary aid in the kitchen.  They looked and smelled delicious.  (yes, I just said something good about nursing home food).  I was allowed to have any leftovers after the trays were filled.  Then we went to IKEA a couple weeks ago.  They serve Swedish meatballs in their cafeteria.  Yum.  So I came home and Googled a some copycat recipes and morphed a couple into one recipe.  The result was just delicious.  A shout-out to Sweden and their meatballs!  Much, much better than lefse or lutefisk...  (hoping to start a small riot on here)...

Happy Monday! 



2 comments: