Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tuesday Musing

Ugh.  That doesn't have a nice ring to it.  Tuesday Musing.  I've been beyond busy for a couple of days now.  For wonderful reasons.  I just realized on my way back from a walk that I didn't even pick up yesterday's mail.

In light of Thanksgiving this week, this will be a thankful Muse.

~ I'm thankful that it snowed yesterday.  It means that our local ski hill will be open before too long.

~ I'm thankful that as I raised up my arm to wave at a neighbor  that as I "ally-ooped" that I didn't land on my keister.

~ I'm thankful afresh for my health this week.  It has been very real to me if we don't have our health, nothing else really matters.

~ I'm thankful that we are celebrating a birthday this week.  This one if for my dad who is turning 84!  He was born on Thanksgiving morning in a farmhouse in rural Minnesota.  This year his birthday again falls on Thanksgiving.

~ I'm thankful that though we are spending this holiday with 'my' family, I'm glad I wish I was spending it with the Chairman's family too.

~ I'm thankful calories do not count on Thanksgiving.

~ I'm thankful the guys building the house next door don't mind a four-legged golden spectator.

~ I'm thankful that the reason I've been busy is because there is a perfect plan of a ministry that is homeless.  Yes, they need homes, but more so, we need them in our homes.  We need the encouragement and thoughts and even laughter to be shared over a meal, game, or serious study.

So this will have to be enough for the Musing this week.  Because of thoughtful relatives, I may just be alone most of Friday.  And for that, I am thankful!




3 comments:

  1. Though your title didn't have the proper ring to it, the musing was just as marvelous as ever. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pumpkin pie photo!! That is Jim's idea of eating it.

    ReplyDelete