Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Musings

Well hello there!  I didn't forget it was Monday and I need to Muse.  It's been a unique day for me.  In all my 49.5 years, I have never attended a g.m. on a Monday morning!  Then it seems strange to stop at the store and continue on like it is a normal Monday.

But Muse I must.  The other day I was going through the self-check at the grocery store.  All of the sudden this lady walks away from her lane over to mine.  "Excuse me could I say something?".  I turn around and say, "well I guess so!" kinda sorta fearing that I may have cut her off with my cart by the meat counter or something.  She smiles broadly and says, "I really think your hair is beautiful!".  Well thanks!  Considering that I'm obviously very au natural that was nice.  It made me realize that I need to compliment others too when something strikes me.

I've tried a couple different recipes lately.  Here is one for fish tacos.  And here is one for Hawaiian ribs.  I cheated and used some pre-breaded tilapia in my freezer from Costco that I didn't know what to do with.  Both recipes were actually super simple and good.

We just signed up daughter #1 for drivers training in a couple months.  For some reason, the Chairman and I looked just like the parents of this excited girl in these strips.  




Yes, the joys of parenting.  I may have blogged this before, but it somehow seems relevant and bears repeating - when your MYP are MLP (many little people), the challenges and struggles and problems are all smaller somehow.  When your MLP turn into MYP (many young people) they seem to be bigger and more nerve-wracking.  When they are MLP, you are physically exhausted.  When they are MYP, you are sometimes emotionally exhausted.  You simply cannot throw in the proverbial towel.  You cannot walk away.  You must be there and parent these growing minds and bodies.  

Please don't get me wrong.  I am not complaining and the MYP have been respectful and a joy to raise.  But some days I wonder what I'm doing.  Some days I wonder if they'll grow into nice adults.  We both only have shot at this - they as young people and we as parents.  Thankfully, I have the Chairman at my side and we have wonderful avenues of help from family and friends and most importantly, from the Best source.  

Then there's pictures like this that I just had to take yesterday.  Our daughter and her friend.  They are splitting images of each other in personality and size and giggle capability.  She's just another niece in my heart.


Well Lisi is back to her full rambunctious health again and is pawing at the front door waiting for me to come walk her.   I'll leave you with this...

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find such a MUSE ing content? I just love the dogs can count sign. Very true. Sometimes I wonder if folks out and about don't sort of appreciate the au natural when it comes to hair and make up etc. I was having a seriously hate-my-graying-hair day a few weeks ago and this lady at Walgreens randomly tells me she thinks my hair is pretty...I'm sure I looked completely dumbfounded...but like you said, compliment when you see something worth complimenting!! Did you see the Facebook post about behind every successful mature decent child is a Mom just knowing she is messing up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has a full head of white hair, and I noticed about when she turned 50 that people started complimenting her on her hair as well. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete