Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thorough Thursday Thoughts

Do you know how hard it is to come up with unique 'th' adjectives?  Well this post will hopefully be 'thorough'.

I've been on a purge, throw, or donate mission the past week and more.  We have an unfinished room in our basement that has been neglected for six years.  Well I did another drop at Goodwill this week.  And as I glanced through the opaque bag as I was leaving, I realized that one of the many bags I dropped off was full of... garbage.  Garbage to Goodwill!  I'm sure they'll be surprised when they open that prize.

The third week.  The third grocery store.  The third lady.  The third comment about my hair.  This time the lady said that she liked how my hair was 'swooshed up'.  She was wondering how to handle her long hair and then thought my way was a good idea.  Maybe I should start wearing hats.  "Hello?  Do you like my hat?" (any parent would know that from 'Go Dog Go' book).

I actually get queasy over spontaneity.  And this week I went out of my comfort zone.  I got a text from a friend one evening asking if I would like to join her the next morning to head into the city to do a few things with her.  My first reaction was 'no'.  Then I thought, 'why not?'.  So I threw caution and my insecurities to the wind and jumped in her car.  It was most pleasant.  I even made a small request to stop at the Italian grocery store so I could get more goods for spaghetti sauce.

Then we had lunch in a place I had never been to.  The soup was called 'shrimp bisque'.  It was a party on the palate.  Yes, that good.

While we were in the Italian grocery store I got a call.  "Hello?  I don't know who you are, but do you have a golden retriever?"  Um.  Yes.  "Well I don't know what subdivision I'm in, but I am framing a house and your dog is here with us."  I remarked, "she must have smelled your lunch!".  He chuckled.  Then I told him to just tell Lisi to go home or drag her across the street back to our yard.  He seemed fine with that and we shared a laugh together and I hung up.  When I got home I found Lisi in the house.  So Mr. Construction Worker must have opened the door and just let her in.  Unless Lisi grew opposable thumbs while I was away.

If you take selfies on my phone/camera, you can be assured they will be posted:
If you know the heart and thought of a golden retriever, you would know that food is the most.  important.  thing.  Always and forever.  I finally took a picture of the morning routine.  Simba gets a small spoonful of wet food.  Lisi, having finished her breakfast of kibble goes and waits for Simba to get done so she can lick the bowl clean.  She always waits until the cat is finished.  I think that's pretty polite for a dog that thinks food is the ultimate goal in life.  

And finally, it is cold here still.  Like minus-something windchills by day.  However, because of age and circumstance, I have my own way to deal with it.

Happy rest of the week!  I hope this was thorough enough. 



1 comment:

  1. You covered lots of territory in your thorough thoughts...but please let that cat in, she's freezing in that sub zero weather!! :)

    ReplyDelete