Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday Musings (part 2)

Never before in the storied seven-year history has there been a two-part Musings.  I hope the readership is not disgruntled when I revert back to one Musing/Monday in the future.

* There is much I don't know yet about our new computer.  My mostly nice older brother has been a source of help.  But don't tell him I said something almost nice about him.

* I realize I'm a bit off, but I have to admit I like the time change.  I don't mind it dark at night.  It seems more like an adventure like we live near Nome, Alaska or something.  I like the cozy family suppertime.  I like that we all glum together in the living room by the wood stove in the evenings.  Call me crazy, but I've grown to love all the seasons.  Even polar vortexes.

* I am completely sick of meal planning.  I love to cook but am weary of the new ideas.  I asked each family member to come up with three ideas each and now I have a list to use.

* The other day I realized I feed or plan meals for others 16 times/day when you take into account there is a Chairman, three MYP, one dog, one cat, and two fish.  Not to mention houseplants...

* I put together a new desk for daughter #2 this week.  It came in three ginormous boxes.  It involved more parts and pieces than I realized.  I threw in the towel before I started.  And then I decided to move the towel and look at it.  Step by step I got it done in about eight hours over a period of three days.  I felt a sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt in a long time.


When I was in second grade, I wanted to eat my Halloween candy at school.  I wasn't sure how to pull it off as candy was strictly forbidden in school back in the stone ages in my day.  So I took matters in my own hands.  I had some of these:
I scratched off all the "S's" off one side.  Put about 20 in an old orange pill bottle I found and took them to my teacher and said I needed to take one very two hours for "allergies".  She would call me up to her desk and hand me a 'pill' and then I would go out in the hall and chomp down my candy with smug satisfaction.  It went off without a hitch until my teacher called my mom and asked what my "allergies" were.  Such a delightful memory.  And so very naughty!

Fish water tastes better than the regular stuff:
If I was expecting, you would say that I have been 'nesting'.  However, I am past the age of adding to our brood.  But I have been cleaning out closets and unfinished areas and dumping lots of unnecessary things into the trash bin or the pile for Goodwill.  It was a great delight to clean out the area where I keep the pet medicines and cleaning things.  Lisi acted like she was about to get shot and the cat scurried out of sight upon the first creak of the cabinet door.

the trifecta of horror
See this picture?  It was taken by my new friend in Iowa of me visiting with friends I knew from before.  That isn't why I'm sharing it.  See the little cutie in the light blue jacket?  She was Ms. Crabbypants because she thought we were visiting too long and her shopping was going to be too abbreviated.  I'm  just glad to have this for a funny memory some day when she's 24.  

Well Monday Musings (part 2) will have to finish. If I'm ever going to get the yard cleaned up and some more accomplished before the busses roar in, I better get moving on this Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment