Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Birthdays and decapitated chickens




Will post a couple pictures from the past couple days. I had a very nice birthday at my folks. My favorite peach pie was the birthday cake! They invited another fellow blogger family and here's the kids playing around the table with stuff Grandma pulled out. Plus the usual birthday shot. Duane isn't in it since he's taking the picture!

And then there's the chicken. Lisi is mostly outside now (her choice). Just recently she discovered a big plastic garbage sack in the basement that I filled with 'extra' stuffed animals. I'm sure most you other parents out there realize how they accumulate. Well all the kids have a bunch in their bedrooms that are favorites. Then there's the extra 87 that are here just because we've acquired them through the years. Anyway I digress. Lisi found the bag and nearly every day she sneaks downstairs and brings up another treasure. I chew her out (not much) and then take it away from her. Today just happened to be a chicken she was trying to decapitate. I really should be more firm, but there is hardly anything cuter than a 5-month old golden puppy tiptoeing in the kitchen with contraband.

3 comments:

  1. You cheated by not telling us... oh, I guess that's not what we usually do- announce: I'm having a b/d next week, Wed- please make a note.

    Well- Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- whoops, I guess you didn't, actually cheat! I just wasn't sure that baby was you in the previous post! (That's called putting it in reverse and backing up; beep beep beep; delete, undo, reload page. Yup.) I just sort of forgot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. All of it. Even the birthday girl and Anita's reverse backing up beeps in your comments. ;)

    ReplyDelete