Friday, May 23, 2008

Blogging Blase

I'm thinking of throwing in the towel on the blogging thing. For one, it is just one more thing to think about doing. For two, I'm not a creative person with lots of new, fun, exciting things to report on. For three, I'm not sure anyone reading really cares that I cleaned the house two days ago. For four, reading boring blogs isn't conducive to time well spent for me or for others. And for five, I'm not begging for people to come crawling to me on the comment page asking me to "please keep up your blog! don't stop! we love your family and your life!". And so dear faithful readers, I'll see what moves me in the next days, weeks, or months. Maybe I'll keep it up. Or maybe I'll sign off sometime with a finality. Anyway, happy Memorial Weekend to you (whoever you are).

6 comments:

  1. You should do what you feel best, but personally, I enjoy keeping up with people via blogs. I've gotten back in touch with people I haven't seen in years, or only see at cnvtn. I've "met" new people, such as you, or have gotten to know them better. For me, I enjoy the contact with others. I probably do spend too much time with it but I accomplish many, many other things as well. Of course only you can protect your time. As far as blogging about cleaning-sometimes it feels really good to share your accomplishments & if it's "just" cleaning & you want to share it - it's fine with me! Maybe blog once a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I beg anyway? ;) Just kidding. No pressure here. You do whatever is best for you. Happy Memorial Day to you and yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine whatever....dont come over to my blog seeing my kids grow up if i cant get a glimpse of yours! pppttthhh There hows that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I am just getting to know you, but also understand the feeling of just "one" more thing to do. By the way...you are very creative and witty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed reading your blog also. I've cut way back on the time I spend, but I sure have enjoyed "meeting" new people this way, and ditto on the "just sharing" accomplishments. Nice to know we're not the only ones in our situations.
    I've also appreciated the evidence of other's faith on these blogs, and that's very uplifting to me. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in as a reader of your blog-always enjoy it and love the example/encouragement I find in you and your family. (Not only in your blog but sitting behind you at convention) Not to mention the inspiration to clean more often :) I know the feeling of it being one more thing to do- that's why I make Shaun do the blogging in our family!! So I'm hoping you continue.

    ReplyDelete