Friday, May 30, 2008

Ting!

You know the Cascade commercial that shows the sparkly clear glass and then there is the 'ting' sound effect? That is our house right now. In random order this is what has been accomplished: vacuumed and dusted everywhere. Reduced clutter in the girls' room (count 'em - 24 stuffed animals on their bed), cleaned all the bathrooms top to bottom, tweaked up Trevor's room so all his published books from school are filed safely away, filled the birdfeeders, ran vinegar through the coffee maker so it doesn't flash 'self clean' anymore, cleaned out the toaster oven and wiped it all down in and out, same thing for the microwave, changed the beds on everyone (even the girls bunk beds which is a pain), except Trevor's (his done recently), finished doing the basement clean-up (kids did a fairly good job last night), moved the piano about 6" (no small feat since it is about 2 1/2 ton), wiped down the oven (although it wasn't really too dirty), scoured the laundry tub so there are no more yellow streaks, picked up Lisi's toys in yard, mowed the front half so it didn't look shaggy, put the lawn edging back by the impatiens, four of Duane's shirts ironed, and the laundry all done up, and I think I'll leave it at that. I still have a few things to do like shower (!), and walk Lisi. And I have this urge to go to the bathroom that I keep forgetting to do...

The broker guy comes in three hours to take pictures of our pad. Still is almost surreal that this is happening. But we have lots of signs that are telling us is best for us and for that, we're again thankful for a guiding presence.

Time for lunch!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You did all that before lunch?? I'm tired out just reading about it, but it sounds rewarding. If we had to get our house ready for sale I hardly know where I would start. It certainly won't be happening while I have day care so I guess we'll be here for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...what you can do when you have to. We have moved 8 times in our 15 years of marriage, and there is nothing that will light a fire under you faster then the words "We have some folks out in your driveway that would like to look at your house." Have fun and just keep the picture of your new house in your mind when you get tired. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with your plans to move. No advice for moving from house to house from someone who lives out of a suitcase - one thing I've found interesting is that no matter how much or how little stuff a person has - it is all too much when it's moving time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know that my house has ever been "ting!". Wanna come help me out with that? ;) Good luck with the moving. Sometimes, I think we should move just so we would get rid of "stuff". Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like you're doing great!
    I've moved way too many times, and have way too many memories of last minute dumping and stuffing things in boxes. AAAHHHH! I HATE that!! Happy working! & "congrats" on the moving! Hope all will go well.

    ReplyDelete