Friday, May 9, 2008

From Lisi

There's funny and then then there is not funny. I really blew it this time. Last night I had a great walk with the two big important people in my life. The lady that loves me and yells at me then stopped at a neighbor's house. The people that live in that house are great. They take care of me when the big ones around here drive away in the van without me. They let me go into their house and can you believe it? They even have a jar of treats for me in a special cupboard in the laundry room. And they are such saps. If I walk into their house and go sit in front of that cupboard they always give me a treat. And they are much bigger and tastier than the ones that lady that loves me and yells at me gives me. So we stop at that house and we both walk into the kitchen. I checked for crumbs, peeked into the garbage can that was left out and did some awesome sniffing. Well I got bored. Do you have any idea how much those tall people called ladies talk? You'd think their voice would quit working. I tried to listen, but it was boring. It was about how the week has gone (great for me!), how the kids are doing in school (what is school? I only know a little bit about 'the bus'), and the Mother's Day plans on Sunday (I think I have a furry mom, but I don't remember. I just treat that lady that loves me and yells at me as my mom). They talked and talked and talked, and so I decided to quietly go around the corner and look for something interesting. And there it was! Tissue paper! I love to shred. Newspapers. Brown grocery sacks. Kleenex. But I've never got my canines on tissue paper. It got gummy and pulled apart just deliciously easy. And then a scream happened. It was Jake one of the cute boys that lives there and leaves the crumbs. I looked up and here came the lady that loves me and yells at me and she was crazy-frantic. Yelling, grabbing me by the scruff of my neck, and then (horrors!), she jerked on my training collar (super hard mind you), and whisked me out the door. And then the lady that loves me and yells at me looked very, very sad. She was holding the tissue paper and some blue thing inside of it. And she stood there quietly talking to the other lady and it was serious and I could tell it was very bad. Well come to find out, I just almost destoyed a Mother's Day present from little Joe (another crumb maker) that was to be given to his mom on Sunday.

I heard through the door the big (too talkative) ladies talking. I think Joe was going to make another one today at school. The big lady that loves me and yells at me brought the one I kinda ripped up (hey, I love moms! I didn't mean to do it.) home with us and tried to fix it. I felt bad and laid on my rug looking sad at her. We puppies have no self-control. Sometime I'm going to try to figure out what that means.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!! Growing up is so hard! *pat pat* for Lisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Puppy stage is great!! We leave our dog here when we come but thanks for the offer! Will be fun to be with you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear... the same sorts of things happen here only with little boys. Their Mom was not happy with them when they destroyed the penguin they made for Daddy for his birthday before they could even give it to him. But she got over it and we made him something else. Probably a little different when it's someone ELSE'S homemade gift, though, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete