Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008






Someone told me after our terrible struggle for children that we were lucky. Why I asked? Because you yearned for, waited for, longed for these little souls. And now that you have them, you will not take them for granted. You will not forget what you went through to get them. And now eight years later, I have to agree. But then I have not sat in the seat of an accidental baby 'just happening'. And I know all mom's love their babies as ferociously as I do. But this one thing I do know is that even though I have disappointment in behavior, frustration at the lack of listening, sadness over their struggles, etc., I have a deep, heartfelt thankfulness many many nights I tuck their little bodies into bed. Rayna, Trevor, and Mira are all miracles in how they came to be. They all bring a very special and unique gift to make our family what it is. They are a pack. A team. A bundle of noise, confusion, and delights every day. I love the quote from the "Olivia" book. "You know you wear me out, but I love you anyway". And so to my dear little children; thank you for being you and thank you for the opportunity of being the best mom I hope I can be to you.

I will post some pictures. A couple are from yesterday when daddy and the kids came home with some surprises for mommy. The latter ones are from this morning. Now grant you I was frantically getting dinner together for 16 before we left for meeting, so the shower hasn't happened and the hair is all ka-flooey, but the smiles are precious and worth sharing.

Thank you to my dear husband for making my dream of a mother possible. Thank you to my dear mom and mom-in-law for being great examples of a good mother, and a Happy Mother's Day to all my dear friends.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Linda! I'm hoping to write a similar post soon. I just don't know how to "say" what I feel. After waiting for four plus years to have kids and thinking it wouldn't happen, I must say this day brings me great joy. And I KNOW I appreciate it more because it didn't come easy. I love, love, love seeing and reading about your beautiful family of miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the post and glad your day was special...as every day is but it's nice to reflect sometimes. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very special! Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete