Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cluck-cluck (addendum)

The van drives up and out pops little bright-eyed Ella. And trailing her is her mother with an egg carton! With ten eggs! Strange-colored eggs. Almost a robin egg blue, but not quite. I smile and say thanks! After taking Ella back to the chicken ranch (not to mention a stamping garage, acres of organic gardening, hundreds of twittering birds, and a scrappy little dog named Joey ), we mosied over to the chicken coop. And there they were! ALL 16 of the chickens. I couldn't spot our 'wanderer' from last week, but to me, they still all looked like they were missing a bit of IQ. I guess God didn't intend chickens to be smart. Otherwise they wouldn't taste good going down in egg or chicken breast form.

Which leads me to the scrambled eggs I fed the family this morning. They were just awesome. YUM. Fresh! I feel like a granola cruncher now.

And now off to the tasks at hand. Mr. Real Estate Man is coming tomorrow afternoon to get our home listed. I run a fairly tight ship around here, but I do need to tweak and change and clean and make it show-ready by tomorrow afternoon. So no Lazy Linda days for the next while.

No comments:

Post a Comment