Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bony fingers

I thought of a song we sang in school (I think it was in high school choir). "Work your fingers to the bone... whatdayaget? Bony Fingers!!!"

Yep that's me. After the 'ting' inside of the house, now I moved on. The garage can almost go 'ting' and the basement as well. Four big black plastic garbage bags full of old treasures not worthy of moving. The garbage men will be busy on Friday.

Oh and the yard! Weeding, watering, winding up hoses.

And dog training. Lisi started class last night. She tried to make friends with a very serious german shepherd. It didn't work. Which brings me to a thought sitting in class. Friendly people get friendly dogs. Unfriendly people get borderline mean dogs. The lady at the end of the leash had a look of a german shepherd. Okee-dokee lady. Will leave you alone now! But the chocolate lab puppy had the nicest people along with him! And another thing... dogs sniffing butts to get to know the other one is something I can hardly get used to. I'm glad people don't do that. Can you imagine large groups? (tee-hee)

Trevor's baseball team is 0-3 so far. But they are improving. But he grumbles as he gets into bed after a game and tells me all the reasons for the loss. Hope springs up in him and off he goes for another game. We have another on Thursday. The season is over the end of July.

I have a chiro appt. on Thursday. I'm certain I'll get my money's worth. I ache to the nth degree. I need a massage too.

But we have field trips and end of year bubble days. And lots of 'opportunities' that I need to get involved in. I feel like I should since this is the final hurrah at Prairie Elementary.

I'm tired of urging the kids to get through the bedtime routine. 'Get in the shower! Brush your teeth! Did you go to the bathroom? Hang up your towel!' You get the picture. Tonight I said I'll take away privileges for tomorrow if I have to say things twice or more. Rayna did great since she's to go to a friend's after school and didn't want to mess that up. Trevor had one warning and then he cruised through the process. Mira was warned. Once. Twice. I said, 'You lost 10 minutes of play tomorrow'. Third warning, 'You lost 10 more minutes and you'll be doing jobs for me after school.' She looks at me with a huge smile and says, 'great! Then I'll get money when you pay me for the jobs!' Wait a minute... I pay you for being naughty???

I think this is enough for the time being...

4 comments:

  1. I'm keeping a keen look-out for people who seem as though they'd be good candidates to invite to my 'let's clean out this room/apartment' party- You're definetly on the list! :0

    re dogs- I've always been amazed at how much a dog is a reflection of the owner(s)- my dog was a complete idiot... but she wagged her tail a lot, slobbered, barked at the moon and was generally happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need a massage just reading about all you're doing lately!! did i miss when you're moving? i bet you're house will sell fast..sounds like it looks spectacular! about moving..if i didn't tell you before..the best time we moved ( and i've moved umpteen times) is the last move when we had professional movers. It's the way to go...literallyandfiguratively! happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does she take after her mother? ;) I'm with Anita on this one. You're definitely moving up on my potential invitee list for a "let's clean out this room/house" party, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, the chiro & massage plan sounds good! Got to take care of yourself after all.

    Thanks-I did get in touch with Sarah so she will soon have a dozen chicks!

    ReplyDelete