Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Two Divas


We have a very special family that lives two doors down from us. They went from being just neighbors to being friends of ours. Partly because they have two boys just the ages of our kids. And they have tirelessly been our dog sitters at the jingle of a collar. The dad is just an all-around good guy. Friendly, funny, great with kids. And just happens to be Trevor's baseball coach. The mom is very sweet, loving, and just happens to be our kids' photographer. Her website is melaniesphotos.com. Her work is outstanding in every way. Well, Melanie decided as an early birthday gift to take the girls to the mall and do a little shopping. I wasn't prepared for what came home. Anyone knowing anything about Libby Lu would know what I'm talking about. They came home as souped up versions of the girls I sent off. Mira had a big blonde wig on and was one of the High School Musical characters. Rayna had on a headset and was dancing around like she was... um... I don't know a popular singer off the top of my head. Make-up, nail polish, and glitter galore! I took some pictures but "unfortunately" they had swimming lessons just an hour after arriving home, so it all went to sea mighty quickly. But they made some silly memories and they'll be thrilled I posted a picture with them looking so fancy-nancy.

I took Trevor and his two buddies off to do some mini-golf, batting, bumper cars, and McDonald's lunch (urp!). And I came to realize that I take for granted having a mixture of boy/girls in our family. When it is all boys it is sports, Indiana Jones (!), and loud gassy noises coming from the back of the van. PU.

No pictures of the boy time... but tomorrow is the big day for Trevor!

3 comments:

  1. They certainly did look very fancy. Girls just want to have fun ;0) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I'm still trying to convince Craig we need some girls in the mix to shake things up. Problem is... we'll probably end up with another boy or two, and then I'll be outnumbered four or five to one. That'd be ok, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete