Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Parents

And a big thanks to my folks for doing the Woodman's run for me when I can't find my Tazo Awake at any store locally for some reason. I'm down to two tea bags (shudders!). Then there's the flour orders. I love King Arthur flours for breads and general baking. At our local store it has hit $4 something a 5 lb. bag. Mom can get it at their Woodman's for less (but I'm not exactly sure how much less as she never lets me see receipts). Then I get these little e-mails that "I made three more batches of jam all for you today". That's worth a lot. Since I do make bread so very much, a very yummy after school treat all winter long is fresh bread with strawberry jam. And so we'll be able to have it again this coming winter! Yummers! Thanks mom and dad!

3 comments:

  1. You, too, huh? Mom and Dad are always giving us meat to take home with us and homemade bread. And mysteriously losing the receipts for things they've picked up for me. My boys VERY much enjoy Grammy's frozen strawberry jam - she keeps us well supplied. And I'd be lieing if I didn't admit their Mommy does just a teensy-tinsy bit, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss woodmans! costco is my woodmans now but ..not quite as good i have to say.
    you are truly blessed with excellent parents and parent-in-laws!! i love all of mine too. we're lucky!

    ReplyDelete