Thursday, June 12, 2008

Takin' It Easy Day... not

Today is the last day of school for our kids. I had supposidly thought it would be nice to have an 'off' day where not too big of things are planned for me. Maybe a jaunt to the library, a nice little lunch out in quietness, and a big walk in the woods with Lisi. I laid in bed listening to Duane leaving very early for work today and made a mental list:

I have to get to the library to get the books back, and then I have to run to Sam's. We're out of olive oil and some other things, the pictures are back at Target and we need a new garbage can that Duane is nearly daily reminding me to get, the grass is long and I should mow. Hope it stays too wet so it isn't a consideration. The bird feeders are empty. The "ting-ing" house isn't. Not bad, but no ting after five days of good use. Father's Day is Sunday! Both sets of parents are coming. Plus, I need to go shopping... as there is a birthday in there too. And the kids want me at their school for an end-of-year thing at 2:15. The dog needs a possible vet appointment too. After swimming in the flood of 'o8, she now is harboring a rash and it is getting bumps and scabs all around her collar area. She also needs more interaction and walks. She was alone most of yesterday and got quite naughty last night. Oh and did I mention the washer is spinning?

So off I go for my relaxing day!

Follow up since all you are waiting for the results (or not): Vet says it is a bacterial infection. So some medicine goes down the hatch for the next two weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that SO typical for Moms??? Think we have a day off. Yeah right. A day off from things OTHER than laundry, cooking, cleaning . . . Interesting, your dog's bacterial infection. No surprise ~ Kara got a fungal infection last summer when she went swimming in a pond. Lots of bugs out there in the water, especially with flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day off? What exactly is that, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And after reading all that, I'm exhaused. Guess that means I'm going to forget about my non-tinging house and go to bed. Nighty-night. *yawns*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get an easier day soon! Poor puppy-medicene's no fun.

    ReplyDelete