Monday, June 9, 2008

Our new spot






Last week, we had the inspection at the house we've placed an offer on. I took my camera and got some pictures inside and out. Will post a couple. There is some living room furniture in the kitchen/dinette because they were doing some drywall repair in the great room per our request. Right now, the closing looks like it'll be on July 15. Our official moving date is uncertain. First, I want to clean at the new place. No wait, I don't want to clean it, but I need to. For my sanity. I like clean places. And even though the place is 'clean', I want to start fresh. Second, we need to sell this one. Remember the 'ting' entry a week ago? Well, we got ready for the open house yesterday and it was a 'ting-ting' clean. I even vacuumed the rugs in the garage by the back door! And so we scampered out of here right at noon when the broker got here. We went out to eat and drove around looking at flood damage and then returned at the appointed time. Walk in and the guys says, 'not one person came'. You've got to be kidding! I realize the market isn't all that hot. I realize that there was just a terrific storm an hour ago. But NO ONE??? Doesn't everyone see what a terrific place this it? Cozy! Comfortable! Cute! Clean as clean can be! Not one! He was almost snickering as I stood there crest-fallen. He had warned us that because of the weather, it wasn't a good day. So we'll wait and see what the next month(s) bring as far as potential buyers. Anyhoo, getting back to the moving date... we'll probably wait and look at the first part of August to actually move. Want to be settled in before school starts on Sept. 2nd for sure.

8 comments:

  1. The new place looks really nice. Im looking forward to seeing it sometime. Good Luck on the "old" house. Hope it sells soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's LOVELY! You must be so excited. Likely it was just the weather, I'm sure you will get some interest & it will sell. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you're excited. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful. I love, love, love how open everything is. Sounds like you have a busy few months ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new place looks awesome! I love story and a halfs. I hear you on cleaning - why would you want someone else's dirt?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We came home from convention last night and saw on CNN that there were lots of severe storms in the midwest. Glad the tornados missed you guys! Your new place is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The house looks lovely!! Hope you get the other one sold soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful place to call "home sweet home". Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete