Sunday, August 16, 2009

50th anniversary

the guests of honor...
the cake...
my folks enjoying the time here too...
Dawn... my tireless helper. I couldn't have done it without her help. And my folks...The spread.
Waiting for someone...
This is our elder and wife (for 15 years!). I think the world of them.
The Italians and spouses
the grand and great-grandkids present
Sue's family that were here... (missing Nikki in AZ)

Thanks to a special cousin, we have photos to post. I was a bit overwhelmed to try and take pictures.

The 50th went without a hitch! We were a few over 50 here. Maybe 60? The food was (in my very humble and contrite opinion) yummy. The people that attended engaging, fun, and loving.

Some siblings came that rarely leave the home parts. And to see a number of Italians all together enjoying each others company is quite priceless.

And... for the two we were celebrating... we are so happy for this milestone. They've gone through tremendously good and tremendously hard experiences together. And they showed such a gentle, and good Spirit through it all. And as in-laws go... they are wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks like you did an incredible job on the food! The cake is beautiful too, and I believe I spy some Longaberger baskets there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cake looks lovely..did you do? what a nice gift you provided for their 50th..i'm sure it was special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the pix! I think that's Joe there on the left- haven't seen him in a long time!

    And Dawn- she's the one who faithfully writes to me and I faithfully don't write back... (hangs head in shame)- she's a great friend indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Look what you did. Congrats to the in-laws on making it to their golden day. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete