Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday thoughts

* Great week so far. One bridal shower. Lots of great weather. Kids almost liking each other for a few days! Lunch with dad and mom R.

* Missing the two younger ones for a couple of days. They're having quality time with a set of grandparents. I needed the 'break' so I can get some things done. Yet... I miss the fighting them. I do realize they'll be more cranky once they get home. Isn't that weird? When kids are good for others... it's like every little irritation or bad thought all comes forth as soon as they're back at home on their own turf with a parent listening. I think there's a spiritual lesson in that... but not sure what.

* And tomorrow is the big day. We expect about 60 here to celebrate 50 years of marriage and memories. Mom D. brought over some photo albums of the past years. Pictures of those that have been here and passed on. Both young and old. Bittersweet. But the ones that just caught me off-guard were those of our own daughter that died after 3 short days. I saw two pictures I hadn't seen before. It hit me like it hasn't in a long time. After a good heart-felt cry, I felt better. She's better off I know. But she missed out living life. Rayna gave me a very long hug and said, 'aren't you glad I'm here? Or I'd be somewhere else.' That put it all in perspective again. Life is funny like that.

* We have a leak. Complete irony in a bathroom. Trevor was tested for allergies. The highest reaction was to mold. Today I was in his bathroom putting away some stuff. A weird smell that always seemed to be there since we moved in. Finally really got down to look. Soggy towels under the sink. Like dripping wet soggy. Stinky. PU. A bad leak. And... well... (I hate to admit this) mold! No wonder he coughs in the bathroom! But the beauty of it is a neighbor-plumber. Sure I'll be there by tomorrow noon! Thank goodness.

* Gerbera daisies wilt too soon. I bought some a couple days ago thinking they'd still be nice for tomorrow. Well... barely.

* More later with pictures I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to the Chairman's folks! and hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About those daisies ~ it DOES help to water them. . . . Have a grand time tomorrow! Would love to be there to help you today, wouldn't we have a blast? Oh, wait. We'd need to be getting things ready. Nice to see your folks last weekend. Son-in-law met your pa and hardly knew what to think . . . :)

    ReplyDelete