Thursday, August 6, 2009

A visual oxymoron

She had a pretty face. They usually do. But she was big. Like quite large. Like I won't begin to try and guess her weight because I am not good at that. She was behind me checking out at the grocery store. I needed a few things to add to my vast collection I just got at Sam's Club. And so I glanced at her stuff behind mine. Ready-to-eat bacon, mini-cheeseburger Lunchables, candy, two bags of potato chips, and I think it was a fully-loaded frozen pizza. But what made it all such an oxymoron was what was teetering on top of her items. A "Shape" magazine with a big headline that read, 'Trim Belly Weight Fast!'. Um. Ma'am? Really, I could save you about $3.95, help you shop, and show you the walking path behind our house and you'd be all set.

I do realize that there are reasons for obesity... like thyroid issues or such. But in this case, I'm not so sure...


1 comment:

  1. Um...yeah... I notice this happens a lot. I always snoop and look to see what's in people's grocery carts and usually I can guess just by taking a look at them first.

    ReplyDelete