Monday, August 17, 2009

The Chase

I just wanted to see if it tasted like chicken! You see, it was a chicken. And I gave chase.

But first, I better back up and give you a bit more background. The big lady that yells but loves me anyway was getting ready to leave. I can tell because she usually is raising her voice at the three little people here. "Get your shoes!" "Where are you?" "Did you need to go to the bathroom?". Then I get interested. Really most the time then I hear her say "porch" to me and that makes me get all sad and snuffly and then I pout as I walk slowly to the screened porch. But today she didn't say it and the sliding door opened. So I rushed in the van and sat down. And off we went!

When the van stopped I hopped out. And right there in front of me was a big black cat. Whoooeeee! My favorite thing ever. A good cat chase. And that we did. But stupid cats are fast and (don't tell anyone I said this) kinda smart really. And so the cat was gone. The big lady that yells but loves me anyway went into the garage and was talking to another big lady and they were standing over a big pile of fresh-picked corn. Boy, the big lady of mine really has a motor mouth. Or she liked the other big lady. But they were really talking and talking. And so I wandered off. And then saw them. Chickens! A big ol' pack of chickens behind a fence, but the door was open. So I trotted down there and there was a big ol' chicken that was out on its own in the grass and so I decided right then and there I was going to kill that chicken. You see I've never had raw chicken and I was thinking the thrill of the kill would be good. And just maybe raw chicken would be good. So I took off after it. Now you see chickens are dumb. Not like cats. And so the thing cackled and fluttered and there was just a flurry of noise and confusion. And in my rabid state I realized that the big lady that yells but loves me anyway was REALLY yelling. Like screaming my name with passion. "LISI! LISI! NO!" I ran right past her. Yell all you want big lady. I am just in the process of killing my first chicken. She lunged to grab my collar and down she went. There was this big thud on the grass. It distracted me and up she got and... oh no. She got me. She grabbed my collar. Then with both hands did the nastiest thing she can do to me. A horrible scruff shake with both hands yelling NO... NO... NO the whole time. It was dreadful. I was being punished. The chicken was a free (range) bird. And I didn't get one bite of chicken. The next thing I knew I was in the van. Hot. Muggy. And off she went. Back to yak it up with her other lady friend. I heard a bit of an apology. Some good laughs. And that was it for me and my freedom. Once my motor mouthed lady got into the van, she muttered something about me being a stupid dog. Me? I think it was the chicken that was stupid. But I can't argue with her because... well... I can't talk.

So to all you friends of mine out there. I still don't know if chicken tastes like chicken. Maybe another day.

Hoping I'll have another tale to tell before long!
Lisi

3 comments:

  1. Aw, Lisi, I'm so sorry you didn't get to taste raw chicken!! It is THE best EVER!!! I would wait till this lady went in the house and then snitch one. Ate quite a few of them! If you ever get another chance, do NOT pass it up!

    Your tail-waggin' friend from IA,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee- Lisi- better not listen to that Kay mutt- I know (or have known) dogs that lost their lives because of eating raw chicken... and it wasn't because of e coli, either.

    Nice to hear from Lisi again- I was afraid that all her training has tamed the interesting right out of her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisi...Keep on the look-out for more chickens. I know cooked ones are really good, and I'm sure I'd drool over raw chicken too. I'm glad you're my friend, cuz you're more fun and interesting than these crazy fluff-ball lap dogs that ride around in strollers out here in CA.!
    Mocha

    ReplyDelete