Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sat. Summary

I should be doing dishes. But keep thinking of things I'd like to post. So they sit in the sink and I'm typing!

* Enjoying four+ days with some very special men. Two very elderly, one middle-age (nearly mine!). Two former overseers and one current. A privilege in every way to have them here and being a first-hand witness to a meek and gentle Spirit in all three of them. After about day 2 1/2 they aren't 'company' anymore. They tell what they want. We go back to life as it is. And it is good. All good.

* Baseball is done for Trevor. But not without an incredible grand slam on Tuesday and a home run yesterday at Helfaer field (that basically is a baby Miller Park in the MP shadows). A victory was had and a request to do it all again next year. I must admit to a lot of whooping and hollering through it all. It is great fun to see you boy do something like that.

* I was tired after Door County. Like bone-tired. Like I can't-keep-my-eyes-open tired. I must be getting old. But it was worth it. Every tired moment of it.

* Lisi has no stories to tell. I almost wish she did as I like reading them.

* My window boxes are so full that they are almost to the point of looking 'leggy'. I hope they keep looking good for another month, but I'm worried.

* The house gets painted next week. "pure white". Some have almost thought it would be a good idea to add a trim color or such, but I kinda want to keep the pure Cape Cod look going for us. Or we'll end up looking like every other tan, taupe, ecru, off-white, beige house out there. And if you know me, you know I like to stand out a little bit. I've never been accused of being really shy.

* Getting almost nervous about 50 people coming for a 50th anniversary party here in two weeks. I still need to figure out what the menu is and then run with it. Egads! But it'll be fun. I think. Hope.

* T-man got his expander for his mouth. So he talks like it is full of marshmallows right now. The completely hilarious orthodontist (really!) said his speech will get better with practice.

* It still feels like fall already. Like... 70's... and cool at night. I want hot and humid! Summer! School starts in a month (heavy sigh).

* I better get back to the dishes or the Chairman will come back from his walk with one of the aforementioned wonderful men and think I wasn't working! But I have been! Tapioca! Baked custard! Clam sauce for supper! A fresh blueberry pie in the fridge for tomorrow! Not to mention breakfast and lunch to boot. But I love to cook. And so it is easy. But the dishes. Are. Waiting.




3 comments:

  1. Don't know who one of your elderly men might be but assume that 2 of your special visitors are our dear Georgia Charles. Greetings to both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize with Trevor--I had an expander also...such fun...actually think the worst part as a teenage girl was the gap between my 2 front teeth. Nolan needs one also--and the ortho/dentist wants it done before he gets adult teeth--- had a brief start and then decided to wait...

    ReplyDelete