Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday twitches

* Nice to have daughter #1 at home again. She was being spoiled at Gpa and Gma's for two days. Doughnuts! Silly putty! Water ski shows! Chocolate sprinkles on ice cream! A special run to the store for pickles! Now mind you... these are the very same parents that raised me in the most conservative of venues. We did have 3 square meals/day. Nutritious fare. Clean clothes. Tidy home. And no dozen doughnuts at our whim... (sigh) I did however have grandparents that spoiled me too though!

* I haven't really felt like blogging much. I've lost my interest. Or maybe I fear I won't be interesting. Whatever. It might be slow-paced until motivation comes again. If I force it, it won't be readable.

* I'm so looking forward to going somewhere in two weeks. I think making all these cookies helps build the anticipation.

* I have a child that put a bike behind a neighbor's minivan and SMUNCH. A new derailer is needed plus a multitude of other things. Teaching personal responsibility is an enormous chore. And obviously my rants aren't working too effectively. (insert very heavy sigh). I think a very long list of chores will have to be assigned in order to make up for the mishap.

* Lisi is into barking these days. Very irritating. She might have a post very soon on it.

* School starts one week from today. I'd by lying if I said I wish summer would continue. Quite frankly, we're ready. The kids will say they aren't... but they are. After registration last week they immediately got in a good mood. I will enjoy my 7 hours of quiet. And they'll be cute again when the bus drops them off.

* We were at a wedding last Saturday. For some reason, it all seemed very intimate and romantic. It was on the smaller side for crowd which might be part of the reason. And maybe the maturity of the bride and groom. Or I'm not sure what. But I was impressed. Like very. And it made me thankful for the vows I made nearly 15 years ago...

* Trying to limit my time on the computer. It is tough as I do enjoy FB and following my feeds on Google reader. But the more you look, the more you want to. And so... I'm setting limits on myself which helps. :-)

And so I better live what I'm preaching.

4 comments:

  1. I noticed the same thing about my parents when they became grandparents... hmmmmm

    re the comp thing- I unsubscribed to about half of my 'interesting' feeds on google reader- and it sure cut the time down. but hard to let the blogs go... thankfully, people haven't been blogging that heavily lately...hahaha
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've sure noticed a slow-down on the blogs too. (including mine...)
    And the grandparent thing....I'm right there, & guilty as charged. Somehow it's a whole different story on this end of things! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i notice i'm not on your blog list which has cut down on people visiting my blog which in turn helps people cut down their time on the computer which in turn helps society at large which in turn helps me which in turn helps you. hee. so thanks..i guess. no, really, i enjoy your postings and hope you don't limit yourself too much too often or i'll have to limit myself.

    ReplyDelete