Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday snippets

Yep. More of the same. And no pictures again! Me bad. Haven't pulled out the camera in awhile.

* A great family day. Our normal Sunday morning was special as always. Then home for spaghetti and the works. And a huge hike at a nearby park. They opened a new dog park at this park. There was lots of blog fodder on the doggy behavior. But unfortunately, Lisi was perfectly behaved. So nothing for her to write!

* Yesterday I got to go to preps. It sure built anticipation for the upcoming days. We all can't wait. The kids have many happy memories there.

* Did you know that there are these little tab-thingys at the end of your foil/wax paper/saran wrap rolls that you can push in so the roll doesn't come careening out when you're trying to get some? I didn't until not too long ago!

* Daughter #1 actually asked to play Scrabble tonight! I was most impressed with her abilities. Hooray for her! I love Scrabble. I inherited that love for the past 2 generations.

* We are at SS (school start) T-1. I told the kids they each get to pick what the meal of the day will be tomorrow on their last day of summer. T's is breakfast. Waffles and doughnuts. (can we say carbs???). M's is lunch. Mac and cheese and hot dogs (ick). R's is Chinese food of any kind. I'm thinking going somewhere for it sounds appealing.

* I grew up with our meals being breakfast, lunch, and supper. Dinner happened on Sundays or on special holidays. But the 'norm' around here is dinner each evening. Sounds fancy. We eat supper still.

* I got two thank-yous on the same day. How's that for a day brightener! Both were a surprise. Both warmed my heart.

* Trevor still isn't wheezing. So far the meds are great. But... the expander broke yesterday. I'm worried about the $ involved there. Ick.

* I'm thinking the first day of school I should go have a 'me day'. But I'll probably do laundry, walk the dog, and make more bread...

* It was 48 here this morning. In August. Enough already. I wore thermals for my walk at 6:30. Stoopid.

2 comments:

  1. Loved finding your web page, Linda. (Actually, Bill found it!) Yes -- off to school go our children tomorrow, eh? Talk about "joy and sorrow interwoven"! Bill and I really like the poems you have posted on your blog re:losing a child. And I SO understand your feelings about seeing those pix of the baby when you weren't expecting to see them. It's been 8+ years since Jess died, and things still just slam me sometimes.
    Will we see you at WI Dells?
    Cindy Hodgeman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about the tabs on the foil/wax paper/saran wrap rolls... well well well...

    ReplyDelete