Monday, January 11, 2010

Just another Mundane Monday

There was a popular song "Manic Monday" when I was in college. I think mundane fits me better. I like Mondays. Someone else in NE does too. But I don't work out of the confines of these four walls. It's just me and the sometimes over-excited dog again. The pile of laundry. The needs of filling cupboards. And I like that. Really. Mundane isn't bad. To me it means the absence of something bad.

I can't wash as big of laundry loads as I used to. The pants, shirts, etc. are bigger now. I remember the baby days... I could stuff a week's worth of clothes for two kids in the machine! Or maybe I'm not remembering properly. That happens. You just simply forget how it was. Unless you have pictures. Sometimes I wish I could step back in time and watch myself say 16 years ago. Or 8. Or 30. Would be weird really.

Happy news came from afar yesterday! A baby. Not just any old baby. A gift. An adoption. When I hear of a baby, it makes me feel good and happy. When I hear of an adopted baby, it is exhilarating and awesome. It makes my eyes get watery. Once you've been through a paperwork pregnancy (or two), you're now part of a 'club'. Of those that waited in faith. In anticipation. In complete gut-wrenching worry. And when it actually happens, you are so happy your feet feel like they're on the moon. Every day you wake up it feels like your birthday again. Really. Very fortunate parents! That's how I view adoptions. Yes, the baby is fortunate, but the parents are moreso. Lucky doesn't work to describe it. It isn't luck...

And then there's news of another someone that went far, far away from home and kindred to go and help others. I love the technology we have so we can see and follow in the journey. It warms the heart...

Speaking of warm, I drug the thermometer to see what the temp was in the living room. Eighty degrees! Wow... I love the stove. But I've said it before. I love the silence of the furnace not running either.

Can I toot my horn? The Chairman said I should say it... but you know me, shy, humble, meek... can hardly do it. Oh sure I can. He said... now get this! That the stacking job on the wood was 'like a professional did it!!!!'. Whoot! Toot! Ok. I tooted the horn.

Back to more serious stuff... I do think there is a bit of a NY's resolution I want to try to adhere to. If you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say it. I'm gonna try hard on that. There are some that live that way and they are refreshing to be around.

Mundaneness calls. So without further ado... I do.


7 comments:

  1. Dear Tooter,
    I was glad to read that I'm not the only one that jumps in before talking things over! Whew! Hate it when I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your toots. i think it's important to dwell on the positives within ourselves AND others..it just makes those mundane days more..well, extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About adoption...totally agree...we are the looking ones!

    80 degrees in your living room? Thats it...can I come see you? I finally caved and turned the heat up to 68. I am slowly freezing to death...we so would LOVE a woodstove.

    Enjoy your Mundane Monday...I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, The Bangles. A great one album wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mundane,
    I love Mondays,
    I love your blog, it always gives me a warm fuzzy & smile to come visit.
    I love your new family picture there on the side bar.
    More Mundane Mondays in NE :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. and I was thrilled to find out who the new parents are! (or at least one set that fits the description) When I read this post I crossed my fingers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for your thoughts...wishing we had your storytelling ability so we could appropriately write up our 24 hours that cumilated in becoming parents...it is amazing how the past 4 years of disappointment fly right our the window

    ReplyDelete