Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Words for Wednesday


As you can see we have yet another little beating heart in our home. This is "Beanie" the blue betta. He joined us a couple days ago. You might remember "Freddie Four". He lived to the ripe old age of 4... wanted to live up to his name I guess. He was red. This guy is blue. He gets real big and thinks he's the big guy of the tank when you put up the mirror and threaten his solo existence. Fish are... well kinda dumb, yet soothing.

The other two fish are still alive thanks to Rayna's diligence!

I enjoyed my dad and mom coming to just be here yesterday. We had a lovely lunch out, a good game of Scrabble, and a good visit over donuts and coffee. Sigh.

Mira told me yesterday that she did something 'naughty'. So I want to reward the confession, yet terribly interested in what it was. I ask... and I hear that she and 'A' another classmate and friend of ours went and took a book in the bathroom at recess time. Then the little truants just stayed in there until recess was over. And you know what Mom? No one noticed! Well guess what my dear. You go OUT for recess even if you don't want to. And thank you for telling me.

I love nighttime routine. Actually, sometimes my tired body hardly wants to climb the stairs to do tuck-in duty. But then I'm rewarded night after night. A back scratch request from our son. A hilarious joke from a daughter. A desire to share or snuggle from another. I'm not sure when the 'tucking in' is over, but for now it is a very special time. And it is an absolute necessity no matter where we've been or what time we get home.

The Chairman is busy. Like busy as a beaver busy. And that's busy. At work. A lot of work. Almost too much to handle. But the future looks a touch less busy which will be good. But for now, we're hankering down and just glad for whatever time he has at home. I guess it better that way than wondering what to do. But I see the vital need for a dad. Another confidant. Another helper. Another parent. He helps, shapes, encourages in ways I don't or can't.

And so Lisi is peering in the window. Her face looks sweet, yet it is very serious. Why in the tarnation haven't you taken our walk yet? Let's go!!! Go!!! I need to go! Like really "go". So we will. Go.

3 comments:

  1. y'know- I'm not sure my mom has 100% stopped tucking us in from time to time yet, when she gets the chance. I never thought much about it (and somewhere along the line she stopped doing it every night) but it was not at all unusual to be tucked in by Mom... when I was home 4 years ago, she came upstairs a few times just for old time's sake and gave me a good tuck-in! I love my mom! (It's dead cold upstairs in the winter at their house, too, so a good old fashioned tucking in is really appreciated!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really relishing "tuck in" duty lately, too. Craig always did it before, but it seems the boys have wanted Mommy lately and it really is kind of cozy once they finally settle down. I find myself falling asleep with them and then waking up to wander back to my own bed at close to midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your fishy, I washed my last one, and no one is buying me a new one.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete