Monday, January 25, 2010

No school day...




I think their teachers are doing up report cards for the quarter. Or maybe they are dancing down the halls. But no matter, the kids are home today. So they do what most kids do... they build up forts. This time it is on the landing. And they aren't squabbling about who had the best squatters rights, so that's a success. I actually think they're playing their DS's in there... but soon it is time to get some work out of them so we can do something more fun later today.

The wood stove is cranking and my feet are warm again.

My iron is low. So the American Red Cross sent me off with all my iron-less pints still coursing through my veins.

We enjoyed the hospitality of my niece and husband this weekend. Our dogs had ridiculous amounts of fun together. They play themselves into a stupor and then get up and do it all over again.

The Chairman will be MIA a bit this week due to work. We'll miss him.

Trevor did a basketball try-out thing on Friday. He did relays and outran all of the other 29 kids. You know the saying that your chest swelled with pride? Well mine did. I felt it.

We're soon off for the library with every last book in the bag. I hope "Rose" is in a good mood today.

1 comment:

  1. Till your kiddos to swoosh on over...looks warm and cozy in their fort...I might just stake a claim. ;-)

    ReplyDelete