Monday, January 18, 2010

My mind wanderings...

But not much more. It's almost a half-a-bubble beyond mundane. But not quite. Just back from a great walk. Actually, I feel like I was on the elliptical for 1/2 hour. I did a major portion of the walk in calf to knee deep snow. Did you really want to know that? I didn't think so. A great past weekend. Ideal if you asked the kids. They had friends or something happening from nearly the moment they got off the bus on Friday until bedtime on Sunday. For them, happy sigh. For me? Well happy sigh too. Somehow friends and blessings go hand in hand. I did a self-treatment for what I believe was ringworm on my hand. Gross? Yep. Did you really want to know that? I didn't think so. But I'm sure glad for good OTC things that work. The itch was ferocious. Oh. You didn't want to know that either. And I've been harboring a sore elbow since November. So today I finally broke down and got a brace to use during the day-to-day activities until it starts to not hurt. Ow. TMI? Maybe. And my mind has been preoccupied with Haiti for obvious reasons. We're thankful for word from there that those we think of there and love without really knowing are getting help. And we hear from other corners of the earth. This age of technology make people seem not so far away. And that's really neat. Oh! We have two new little beings here at our house! Nope. I didn't break down and allow hamsters. Two measly goldfish. Rayna is so happy. For right now anyway. If they keep living I am certain they will be my fish. I hope not. Sunny and Goldie. They've survived their first 36 hours here. Makes me think of Chester and Hester. My fish in my college years. They even graduated with me... as they lived for 5 years! I must like nurturing. Which makes me think the bus is rolling in very, very soon. And off to nurture I must go. But first, I might match a few socks. Riveting post? Hardly.

4 comments:

  1. If you get tired of goldfish-- try african chiclids-- freshwater but seem more like saltwater fish...really fun to watch and if you have lots of hidey holes you get babies which is fun. We have 3 babies right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had two goldfish , also, "milly" and "tilly"..interesting? didn't think so.
    riveting post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 things
    - I got so homesick for something to love and nurture during college (spent in dorms) that I got goldfish (the only thing I could afford that was allowed) and named them after the letters in the Greek alphabet.. alpha, beta, delta, etc... they lived fiercely (and fast) and we got quite a ways through the alphabet before abandoning having fish as pets...
    - I love to sort and put away socks. I'm weird like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita--PLLLEEEASSSEE! come to my house...I have baskets & baskets of socks for you to sort & put away! :P

    My daughter gave me her beta fish when she went in the work. I'd never had a fish...ever. Thought for sure I'd kill it off right away. It didn't happen (well, for quite a while anyway!)

    ReplyDelete