Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trick or Treat!

The result of last night's sleepover.  Instant-crash!

Doing what brothers do best...

Friends trick-or-treating tonight... 
The Chairman and the Children carving...

Scaries!

Trick or treating.  It's a weird concept really.  You dress up in a costume - scary or otherwise.  From what I read, it's a kinda-bad Pagan holiday.  Our kids know it only for the costumes, the chilly breeze, and the great stash of goods that fills their pillowcases.  The highlight for about 3 1/2 seconds is the actual candy.  They each had a self-imposed limit of three pieces.  Then the real fun begins.  Sorting.  Trading.  And throwing the 'gross' stuff back into the big bowl that we use to hand out ours.  Almond Joys were the first to go.  And believe me, I passed them to some unsuspecting little kids right quickly.  To sum up an Almond Joy is to say 'yuck'.  But a Twix, a Peanut Butter Cup, or a big Tootsie Roll (yes I know I should type R for registered trademark)... yum.  Can't wait to be alone with the pumpkins on Monday when school resumes.  Say!  Maybe I'll eat some while doing my "Monday Musings!".  Maybe the muse will be more mesmerizing!  Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment