Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Musings

The MYP here went off on their bikes to visit some friends a mile away.  So the house is quiet for a moment.  I think the blog posts might be less frequent in the summertime.  I have a terrifically hard time writing anything when a fracas is breaking out just behind me somewhere.

They are complaining of the heat.  Those brilliant little cherubs that live here.  Really?  Complaining that it is 79 degrees?  And it is nearly June?  And in three months the days will be shorter and cooler?  Really?  Oh for goodness sake.  Good thing they live up here and not down south I say...

The Chairman is golfing.  No he isn't that kind of guy that golfs often.  In fact, he might go once or twice a year. But there were a lot of people going and he likes to be included.  Usually there's a hilarious story after that makes it worth his while.  Then we hope to go to a lake or something.  Because it's "miserably" hot.  Not to me it isn't.  No sirreee.

I think, thanks to Mavrick, I lost a pound with all the walking.  Lisi is feeling gypped now.  She thinks there should be another dog here to entertain her small brain.

So today is Memorial Day.  And I'm thankful for vets.  Especially my father.  I think if he hadn't gone to serve in the Korean war, his life would have been much different.  He said once that he needed to 'get things right' before he was shipped out.  He did and things have been right ever since for him.  So I'm thankful even for wars when good things can come about from them.  Like me for instance!

I love the feeling when the vegetable garden is all planted and the flower beds filled and it is warm and sunny and we await the new growth.  Happy sigh.

The other night it just happened that it was daughter #2 and I alone for supper.  I asked what she wanted to do. Go out to eat?  Eat something at home, or???  She said, 'you know what I want'.  And I did.  You see her favorite food of alllllll time is... (insert collective sigh here please), Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  No, not the ordinary one that is bright yellow.  It is the Three-cheese shells one that is a paler form of the imitation cheese.  Made with only two tablespoons of butter, a bit more milk, and not quite all the cheese packet.  Really.  Then as she ate an enormous plate-ful (with some apples to keep the system moving) said, 'mom, this makes my taste buds just dance for joy'.  Ick I say.

Another quote that just came out of the mouth of a babe child this morning was, 'if it's fake, it's pretty, right mom?'.  I certainly must be teaching them right priorities.  Or not.

Well this is enough.  Maybe too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment