Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!


Today is my day!  It is my birthday!  The Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway has been singing an annoying song very loudly each time she walks past me while I'm just trying to have some peace and quiet on my dog bed.  I love her with all my hairy being, but she gets on my nerves sometimes.  

But it's my birthday!  I'm four years old today.  Well actually, I'm about 30 according to the golden retriever age charts.  How many of you have experienced 30 years old?  It's pretty prime for people and for dogs.  We are in a nice groove of life.  We know where we are and where we've been and where we're going.  And for me, I hope I'm going on a walk soon.  That's the epitome of a good day really.  

I heard the MYP talking to the Big Lady this morning.  I don't know a lot of words, but I do remember them saying something about presents and bones and candles and something else.  Then they'd look at me with a sneaky smile. The Big Lady took some pictures of me this morning.  It was a bit much.  Can you tell by my face?  


I think it's all good, so I'll just lie here with Snoopy waiting on the rug for the magical moment when Big Lady says the best words ever, 'Ready for our walk?'


my first day with the people I love
Cute little bugger wasn't I?

2 comments: