Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday Musings

If a blogger posts during the holiday break, does anyone actually read it (think tree falling in woods example)?  I hardly think so based on the web activity I see.  Oh well so it goes.

The past days have been very relative.  Relatively speaking that is.  Like meaning lots of relation on both sides on two different days.  It was very very nice.  The food was very very good.  The company very very sweet.  With the exception of my mostly-nice older brother.  He's on the verge of being taken off the 'mostly nice' list and going back to 'mean older brother'.  We'll see how he behaves the rest of this week.  Is this blackmail?  I hope so.

I'm mostly alone today.  You see two of the MYP went over the river and through the woods (well not really) to Grandmother's house.  One of them is romping the neighborhood.  The Chairman works (or so I'm led to believe).  And I'm home cooking and trying to clean and feeling crabby.  Why you ask?  I don't know.  We women have rights to be crabby without explanation.  


Talk about confusing.  Yesterday, I got a couple e-mails from people wondering what I was doing sending out e-mails about stuff happening over two months ago.  I panicked and thought I had a virus or something.  But it turns out our cell phone provider finally sent all the mobile e-mail messages that they had never sent before.  Better late than never I guess!  Or so they think.

Yes, the holidays.  We exchange a few gifts with our immediate family.  Draw names and the like.  Well, this year one of the MYP had my name.  And he kept smiling big saying with enthusiasm how much I'm going to love my gifts he chose.  I was getting curious.  As I opened them, I realized why.  You see children love to give what they would like to receive.  The no-show socks were nice (albeit a bit small).  But the Costco-sized box of chemical hand/body warmers that hunters use made me smile.  I guess I'll be warm on my walks!

And speaking of walks... on my walk last night I noticed a neighbor.  You see this neighbor has about the nicest lighting display of all of them.  But on Christmas Day, not one of those pretty colored bulbs was lit.  Not even the enormous tree in their two-story great room.  I came up with three conclusions:  Santa figured out where they live and now the lights no longer are needed, they ran out of money for the electric company, or lastly, he's one of those contrary people that like to do the opposite of what you're supposed to.  I dunno.

I think this is enough.   Besides, no one out there is reading boring blogs.  They are catching good after-Christmas sales or eating fudge.  In fact, I might go have a piece.  Maybe it'll take care of my crabbies.

4 comments:

  1. But if anyone was wondering about the proper way to clean out the ashes of a wood stove or the proper way to load or burn the logs in a wood stove, a new owners manual should be forthcoming in just a few days. The help line will be 1-800-LINDAKNOWS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at the above comment....
    Crabbies...I was having a case of them today, and am wondering why also. I bought me some chocolate. Maybe it helped. I feel better now. Of course it also might have something to do with the fact that everyone but one daughter & my husband are gone for the night. On the other hand I'm ignoring the mess in the kitchen they all left behind. Maybe Santa has some elves hiding somewhere around here.... Would be nice because I'm ready to go to bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time with Chairman's wife & Older Brother together is so good! Siblings really do like each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha... love the comments. I really came here to say how I love seeing these cartoons in your posts... reminds me of the days I used to sit at your grandparents house poring over their scrapbooks of comics. Miss them.

    ReplyDelete