Thursday, December 8, 2011

Unnecessary words

A teacher asked me my senior year of high school why I talked so much.  My response was that there are so many words to say.  Like it or not, a good portion of this week has been the MYP, the dog, and myself.  You see the Chairman is burning the candle at both ends for various reasons.  And therefore, he's not here to listen as he does so well.  So you my dear peeps are the beneficiaries.  Or not.

Did you know today I was listening to an old '80's country song on Pandora to take my mind off of ironing and started realizing something?  I have been singing a couple of the words wrong for approximately 25 years.  Maybe it was due to the fact I first heard it on a crackly AM station in SD.  Just thought I'd mention this in case you thought I was perfect or something.

I cleaned out the freezer yesterday.  And I found seven bags that each held about two or three hot dog buns in various degrees of freezer burn.  Remind me next time to just toss the extras.  I will never use them again.  Amazing how much more room I have in there!

People from the country of India are very dedicated to their chairman.  I can't tell you how many hits I get from various locations across that vast country with the search for "Happy Birthday to the Chairman".  Must be pretty special to be a Chairman in India.  And they respect them highly.  Maybe I should take my role as the assistant to the Chairman with greater reverence.

I almost feel guilty.  I called Warehouse Club #1 to tell them that I would no longer be frequenting their location since Warehouse Club #2 had moved in our neck of the woods.  Do you know what WC #1 did?  They refunded my annual membership fee!  Now I almost feel bad since they were so nice to me.

I love being a mom.  Maybe it doesn't always show.  And I love the opportunity we've been given to parent both a son and daughters.  It is very different and yet so much the same.  Don't tell him I said this, but I just LOVE it when son comes up and wants a very long hug.  He's too cool for that.  But it melts this mama's heart.

Speaking of moms, I saw one tonight at a restaurant.  She had seven kids with her from the ages of approximately 3 and 13.  They definitely were all hers by looks and size.  They all were tidy, well-behaved, and ate without complaint.  I was impressed.

I beat the odds this week.  You see we live in a large metropolitan area.  Two days ago, I entered a store and soon heard a very obnoxious loud child crying.  Then throwing a tantrum on the floor.  Then the mother trying to determine what to do.  Pleading with "Abby" to get up.  Begging "Abby" to behave.  Walking away from "Abby".  It was a mess to the nth degree.  Today, I enter another store at least six miles from the other one at a very different time of the day.  I listen.  I hear "Abby".  I hear Abby's mother once again pleading with her to behave.... and so it goes.  What are the odds?  I think I might go buy a lottery ticket.  Or not.

Well I'm worded out.  And these have been mostly unnecessary.  But cathartic since the Chairman will be too tired to listen once he gets home!

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine finding several bags of freezer burnt buns in my deep freeze too. It's comforting somehow to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot Dog buns make very good garlic bread, if you are so inclined. They also make good drawer filler, until they mold. I don't put them in the freezer, or else I would have to take freezer burned ones out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I find those in my freezer too. I always stick them in there to make croutons out of & then they generally get buried.
    "Abby" is in your neck of the woods too?? Seems I've seen/heard her here too!!

    ReplyDelete