Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday's thoughts...

Where did this week go?  Goodness!  And in less than an hour, the MYP will be bursting in the door with a lot of 'treasures' from their school parties.  Top that with a sleepover tonight and the thought of no school for 12 days and you have joyous juveniles!  I think I'll have a cup of strong Tazo Awake and enjoy the solitude until it returns again approximately January 3rd.

Yes, a busy holiday season indeed.  I am thoroughly looking forward to spending family time with my siblings and their children.  I am highly anticipating the need for roomy clothes to compensate for a double-header of eating this weekend - one day with my family, one day with the Chairman's family.  Urp!  I'm very excited about an upcoming wedding and all those that will be attending!  Unfortunately, we have no snow to welcome my mostly-nice older brother and family from southern CA even though every store's speaker system has been blasting to let it snow and dreaming of a white Christmas, and a couple crooning about how cold it is outside and she feels like she must go.

Today was yet another day I did not want to walk at all.  But her brown eyes were pleading.  And so I got my walking duds on and we headed out.  I was reminded of a line in a  book I read last night... "Anybody who has ever walked a dog knows the abiding satisfaction which comes from giving pleasure to a loved animal, and the sight of the form trotting ahead of me lent a depth which had been missing before".  Indeed.  And as I was returning, I saw three crows making a valiant chase of a red-tailed hawk.  It was nature at work.  And fascinating.  You can't see that kind of thing in a gym as you sweat on the elliptical!

Until next time.  I'm going to go sip my cup of ambition and count my blessings as they are many.  But before I do, I'll leave you with this:  (hope it isn't offensive!)

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! That's funny!

    Happy busy holidays! After a busy schedule this last month & lots of travel 2 of my girls will be arriving home tonight until next weekend. Not much time, but we are happy they get to come. daughter #4 & 2 grandkids along with #8 (daughter) are coming tomorrow for the weekend. Yay! Happy noise. Next week will be a whole new set of busy as we hope to go see new grandbaby & the kids & dad plan to spend some time in CO. while I help daughter #1 with a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heeee heee! no offense to me..giggles instead. love the quote about walking the pup..i've thought the same thing! Blizzard is extra cute this time of year as he puts on more "clothes"..aka blubber and fur!! He's really gorgeous, actually! Had a great hike with him today and I'm pretty sure he had fun..it's always an adventure. Happy wedding bells! Hope it went well! Happy New Year, friend. I hope 2012 will feature you and a visit and some Tazo Awake tea mixed in...It is one of the better black teas out there...think I'm out!

    ReplyDelete