Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Musings

I'm alone.  The silence is deafening.  And I love it.  After a busy past week, I was looking forward to a couple days to be alone in my thoughts and catch up on stuff.  Then the smallest of the MYP changed my plans.  She was sick.  She needed me.  And she needed to stay home from school.  So after 28 hours of sickness, she got her bootstraps laced up (figuratively of course) and ran errands with me on Friday afternoon.  It's kinda neat having just one child along at times.  I almost feel like doing a victory dance when only one person out of the family gets the bug.  We were lucky this time.  I think.

Another misled Google searcher.  This came from Punjab Pakistan looking for "Happy birthday wishes for my elder sister".  I'm sure they moved on quickly.  But it sure makes my visitor map look like I'm a real global-like lady.  Or not.

Caringbridge is a lovely avenue of communication.  When we went through some tough experiences, it would have been nice to have that site.  I would think it would save a lot of miscommunication, and repeating the same information.  Plus the little comments people would leave could be a big encouragement.

Fifty years ago today, a little baby girl was born.  She brought love and life and happiness to her parents and family, and those around her.  She was full of life and lived life to the fullest.  A dreadful disease cut the life short.  There were and still are some heavy hearts yet five years later.  I'm glad to have known her.  And I'm glad she was my sister-in-law.

Yesterday was December 4.  I woke up very early and decided to take an early walk.  And you know what I saw on my walk?  A lot of worms.  Yes!   Worms.  On December 4 here in the upper Midwest.  Odd I say.  Today isn't 'worm weather'.  A light dusting of snow.  I wish there was about 26" of snow.  It's winter!  Bring it on.  Especially when the Chairman does the snow removal, not me.

He doesn't like my hat.  The Chairman that is.  I wear a lot of hats... wife, mother, nursemaid, friend, and you get the point.  He likes all those hats.  But he doesn't like my hat.  The hat I bought for slightly less than $2 at Walmart.  I wear it walking every day in the cold weather.  It's a basic, drab-gray men's hat.  And he mentions nearly every day lately how I need a different hat.  For some reason I find this very funny.  But if you know the Chairman, it is all serious business.  So a'hat shopping I must go.  Soon.  But not yet.  It's comfortable you know...

Mused out.  And Lisi is looking at me with her pleading birthday-girl eyes for a walk and some serious sniffing.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know one thing I like about my new job? My boss always gives me Monday off...LOVE that I still have this day, and the quietness to get ready for the rest of the week.

    I never knew about Caringbridge, until recently...following someones faithful finish. Brings that person to your thoughts and prayers...thankful for that and faithful lives, that encourage us on.

    Thanks for your musings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time commenter! (Hopefully, that's allowed!) - I LOVE Caringbridge & used it when I had surgery and radiation treatments a few years ago, just so family & friends could stand by and laugh, cry, support & pray for me. I had days I begged God to take my life, but somehow, He mercifully didn't agree and sent others to inspire me to keep on keeping on! So grateful. It made me understand a bit more about this "spiritual family" we have, and I feel so blessed to be apart of.... Even though we've never met, you sure have a place in my heart & I so wish we could meet some day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had several friends/acquaintances/family members who've used caring-bridge. I've been very appreciative of it!
    Happy hat shopping....I'm a "hatless" person, so have no advice for you there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to see a before and after..old hat/ new hat.. good thing you don't live in England...your husband would be very busy deciding upon your hatwear!!

    ReplyDelete