Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Musings

Ahhh.  Monday.  One of my favorite days of the week.  After Sunday.  So then it's all uphill from here.

We've been hit with the 'blick'.  Not the full-blown Influenza A or whatever they are calling it this year.  Yesterday as I cheerfully (with a little extra volume) was trying to rouse the ranks up in their bedrooms, son #1 looked at me with tears and said, 'I feel really bad'.  Fever.  Aches.  Headache.  Lost his previous nights meal.  And so the plans were changed drastically.  I literally was all dressed up and nowhere to go.  But go somewhere I did!

I decided close to noon I should run out and get the Sunday newspaper.  Bad choice on several levels.  Slippers on my feet.  Running.  And finally, a glare sheet of ice I wasn't expecting.  Lets just say I'm glad no one was around to see my utter display of out-of-control humility.  I did manage to get up and get the newspaper.  Today I'm harboring a sore shoulder and knee to show for the efforts to get the news.

I'd post a picture of our dear son suffering on the sofa, but he made me take an oath that I would never take a  picture of him sleeping again.  (sigh).  And... he went to school an hour ago.  Daughter #2 came down her usual time and promptly crawled into my lap and fell asleep like she was two again.  I loved it.  But figured she was maybe getting sick or already sick.  So after 20 minutes, I told her to go back to bed.  She came down two hours later with a ready smile saying that was great and she was ready for school.  Oops.  Didn't call that one accurately.

Shopping this time of year is fun.  I was looking at a throw for some time.  Today the very one was 75% off plus my extra 30% coupon.  Why they almost shook my hand and told me to head out the door with new cozy!  Good deal Lucille!

I would have Lisi tell the story about me giving her a bath a couple days ago, but it wouldn't be all that interesting.  Do you know why?  Because she acted flawlessly.  She slowly went up to the bathroom on her own, literally jumped in the tub and stood there looking at me like 'get it over with please'.  Then only shook off the wet when I told her to.  And that was that!  I told you she was sweetness and smarts all wrapped up in a golden package!

I overheard a late-20'something guy in Costco on the phone.  "yeah, she woke up really crabby".  Oh good grief.  Talk about your personal problems in the car or somewhere else.  I figured it was his g.f. or wife he was talking about.  Then he added with a big smile, 'she had cereal for the first time today and it went down pretty good!'  Oh!  That kind of crabby!  How sweet.

Mused out.  It isn't very amusing, but maybe next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment