Friday, March 21, 2014

Killin' Time

No, I'm not Clint Black.  But many of you probably don't know who Clint Black is so never you mind.  I'm killin' time.  Because I'm in the smack-dab-middle of putting on a 'refresher' on our hardwood floors.  That means moving every blasted piece of furniture off the wood.  That means vacuuming and cleaning the wood thoroughly.  That means actually spreading the 'refresher' down with an applicator pad.  That means seeing odd spots that I missed.  And then it means that all the stuff we moved into the living room and the rugs that are on the porch needs to be put back tomorrow.  It also means hearing the dog whimper by the front door wondering why she isn't inside.

After her highly unfair morning,
We went shopping together.  To kill time. 
She's a typical woman and loves to go shopping.  However, I'm not a typical woman and I can't say it is all that pleasurable.  However, it was slightly pleasurable when she went bounding up to the windows of adoptable cats and made them get black-eyed and arch their backs.

I was just at the DMV this week.  Don't confuse the DMV with the DMZ.  That is in N/S Korea.  I only went to the local county office to renew my license.  I dread it because you always hear the stories of long lines and crabby people.  My line was short and the lady was so pleasant that I visited with her for at least five minutes after I was finished with business.  Too bad I can't see her for another eight years.

Something I overheard at the recent school volleyball match.  "Have you been to Bubba's to have their "Wisconsin burger"?  The other person said, "no, what's on it?".  "Cheese and more cheese!  What's not to love?  There's a 1/3 burger with bacon and monterey jack and American cheese and ranch dressing and then they put on cheese curds right in your burger!"  Only in Wisconsin...

So we have a day and a half of just girls here (unless you count the cat, but he's been fixed so nevermind.)  I've asked them to each tell me one thing they want to do and hopefully it isn't an overnight trip to Paris so it is doable.  

And to celebrate the peeling off of long johns, I just ate one a bit ago.  Swimsuit season is a couple months away.  Heh heh.  Happy weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. That floor sure is beautiful!!! And, as always, you crack me up! :-)

    ReplyDelete