Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Musings

I was just ready to rush to the laundry room to attack the big pile of clothes that need to be cleaned and then head out the door to replenish our pantry and fridge, but you all come first. Isn't that nice of me?

Remember the story about Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day?  I felt like that last week.  It just seemed like every time we turned around something else was having an issue.  Want to hear it?  You don't?  Oh well.  Here goes:  our outside post light suddenly quit working.  The cord in the living room blinds just broke as the Chairman was trying to let in sunshine.  Son #1's nose pad just busted off his glasses.  The oven is still funky and shows 950 degrees for 350 and other strange things and I fear it is trying to tell me something.  And last and certainly not least, the basement still has a serious leak on the finished side due to a crack in the foundation.  Big, fat, heavy sigh.

However, many of the issues were remedied through time or $$.  And thankfully, the leak is slowing down.  And since we have our health and home and happiness, the rest doesn't matter in the long run.

I saw some stats this week that gave me pause.  Did you know I have played 475 games of Words with Friends?  I am almost ashamed to admit it.  My slightly older sister and I can almost get through a game/day.  Doesn't take long and for some reason, it still is fun.  Especially when I beat her since she always got better grades in school than I did.

We had an extra friend here all weekend.  It worked out swell and we all could ski in the springtime warmth.  However a double-night sleepover mixed with the spring-ahead time change wasn't the best thing this morning.  I had to rouse her to eat breakfast and lets just say I woke up Miss Crabby-whole-outfit, not just Crabbypants.
\
However, this was me on Saturday night getting prepped for the time change.  It was apparently daughter #1's duty to record my sleepiness.  And yes, I'm very fashionable in my Crocs and socks...
We had a little excitement in our g.m. yesterday.  We've been anxiously awaiting to hear the arrival of a new babe in our field.  I almost felt sorry for the mother when I saw her sitting there in her chair before the mtg.  However, once we opened our eyes after prayer, mom was gone!  Soon dad left and came back for keys.  Exciting stuff.  Our worker commented to me walking out that he feels it is best that people are born again, not just born in g.m.  I should say so!  And yes, baby made it safely and he appears to be very, very cute.
Well this is enough and the day flies by and I need something to show for it.  Besides blogging...  

1 comment: