Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Musings

Post #1030.  How to make a muse a riveting one.  Not sure yet on that.

However, there is something riveting.  A new house being built across the street has been fascinating to watch.  I've felt like Mrs. Kravitz.  Remember her?  I'd watch the show while at the neighbors when my parents thought I was outside getting fresh air and playing "kick the can".  Well we did play "kick the can".  But we did watch 'Betwitched' sometimes too.  Mrs.  Kravitz.  The nosy neighbor.  That's me.  Minus the fancy tie around the neck.
I'm not Irish.  Today is a big deal if you are.  I'm not even wearing green.  However I just got a text from our very non-Irish daughter saying we have to celebrate St. Patty's Day by getting a Shamrock Shake.  

Yesterday we got an extra-special privilege.  It was just what I needed on so many levels.  Ours comes in a few weeks.  And it will be just what I need on so many levels.  

I love cooking but once again am burned out on ideas for meals.  I did make a new tilapia recipe on Friday that I tweaked a bit.  It got high reviews from the Chairman and company (not company-company, just the company here silly).  I also made these recently that were a hit for lunch boxes and at the ski hill.

No-Bake Energy Bites

Ingredients

Method

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1" in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.  Makes 20 balls.

Any tips on removing eczema from your skin?  I've tried three otc creams.  I've tried Vaseline.  Soaking.  Not soaking.  Heat.  Cold.  You name it.  And it itches and itches and itches something fierce.  I'll take any and all advice because I'm about ready to bite off my thumb.  I would go to the doctor but it is out of pocket and it seems like such a small and incredibly itchy dilemma.

I've enjoyed still thinking about what was shared yesterday.  We each have our own garden.  But we need to be careful what we plant in another's garden.  Is it seeds of negativity or discouragement or doubts?  We can sow pretty things.  Things that feed.  Things that are pretty.  Things that have good fragrance.  

One quote I saw today:  After you think you have finished writing something good, delete most of it.  Well sorry to say, I don't think I finished writing anything 'good'.  And I didn't delete any of it.  So read at your own risk...  Happy Monday!  Rumor has it the robins are just south of here!

2 comments:

  1. Mix 2 drops of Lavender OR Melrose OR Peace&Calming OR Lemon in coconut oil and apply. Works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some Comfrey salve for you. Works GREAT on eczema...

    ReplyDelete