Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tempting Tuesday

No, it isn't tempting to go outside.  I must confess I just took a little nap and I'm 'supposed' to go outside and walk according to our dog.  I'm ready in body but not in mind.  So I'll blog in my procrastination.

I need to confess a few things.  One is that the Chairman has been sporting a goatee for a few months now. How long I don't honestly remember.  The other day we chatted over breakfast.  After a few minutes he finally said, 'don't you notice?'  Notice what I'm thinking.  Clothing choice?  What he's eating?  Hmmm.  He says, 'my face!  Didn't you notice?'  I look.  It's still the same one I married.  OH!  No goatee!  I'm very observant like that.

Last night I was the carpool mom on duty.  Son #1 and I jump in the van and head off to start picking up boys.  We were discussing apartments and roommates and past days and I suddenly was lost in thought telling a story about the underground garage place I had lived at once.  You could wash your car in the winter in relative warmth and convenience   Suddenly I was a few houses past the house I was supposed to stop at.  I screeched to a halt.  I asked son #1, 'didn't you realize we missed Mason's house?'.  Um no he said sheepishly.  (My stories must be very riveting).  We get back to Mason's and I just ask if he saw us drive by (hoping he didn't see us).  "Yes, I thought that was kind of weird."  Yes, we are too Mason.  We are too.

This weekend in all the busy-ness, I wasn't paying attention to something.  Lisi headed straight for her water bowl Sunday morning and drank like a camel (not that I've seen camels drink).  She drank almost a half-gallon of water and then went outside for her breakfast.  I started to dig in her bin and she starts to wander off.  Very strange for a golden who would sell her body (since there's no soul) for a morsel of meat.  I'm thinking she's sick.  Until we get home later on Sunday and notice the half-empty bag of extra food had been tipped and almost entirely eaten at some point over the weekend.  Buuuuurp!

Speaking of bags and eating to the point of gluttony...  do not open a bag of Ruffles ridges potato chips.  Promise me you won't.  I saw them in the cupboard.  I ate and read the paper and ate some more and didn't eat a half-bag like Lisi, but it was close and I'm so terribly ashamed.  I was remembering a catchy commercial about 'Ruffles are ridges above the rest!!!' and discovered it was from 1983.  Time flies when you are having fun.  Buuuuurp!

Ok.  Confession is over.  I feel relieved and like my burden is lifted.  So maybe I'll head out into the deep freeze to walk a bit.  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your Ruffles aren't tempting because if they are, they could lead to ridges...

2 comments:

  1. i love you. you are so funny! ridges? hee hee..btw..you should try Costco's Kirkland brand sea salt potato chips. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been craving American junk food for a few weeks now and those chips sound downright delicious!!!! Groan...

    ReplyDelete