Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday finally!






Will post a few pictures from the past couple of weeks. Happy belated birthday Mom! They came in for supper two Sundays ago. Was fun to hear about their trip! And then there is Lisi chewing on my favorite Croc. And a visit from my niece Laura. And a future blogger...

Some thoughts:
* I was without a washer for four days. I'm a daily laundry woman, so it drove me nuts to see dirty clothes stacking up. I was thrilled to see Mr. Sears repairman drive up yesterday. But our wallet is $170 lighter due to me allowing the lid to CRASH down and it busted a plastic piece needed for the washer to spin. Our washer is 13+ years old, but still runs well, so it was cheaper than buying another...

* Last day of regular lunch room duty yesterday. Kids were actually pretty good. Only had to grab two by their coats and haul them to the dreaded 'wall' where they stand until the bell rings. Was touching watching two F-16's fly over while I was out. A serviceman died in Iraq and his burial was about a mile away.

* One thing I never did was correct the kids when they said something wrong when they were younger. I figured soon enough they'd figure out how to talk correctly and I didn't want to miss the cute little things they said. We are about out of that stage. But yesterday when Mira walked in the house, she excitedly said, 'MOM! The leprechaun had green paint on his feet and he left 'pootfrints' all over the cubbies. Really Mom! 'Pootfrints'!!! I noticed later she said it right, but in her excitement, some consonants got confused.

* Rayna is spending the weekend with cousin Sarah and Trenton. She's beyond happy to go. But I'll miss her! Trevor and Mira may be having a sleepover with friends.

* I need to get LOTS done today, so no more posting for me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. The "pootfrints" the leprechaun left were definitely worth the read and then some! ;) Glad lunch duty went a little better this time around. Have a good weekend! Happy Belated Birthday, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the messed up words too and never corrected them...until Dillon(4) started telling Connor(1) it's "lellow" not "yellow":) We also had "meetmas" for mittens and "hegitockers" for helicopters! and yes we still go to the "liberry":)

    ReplyDelete