Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thoughts from the tub

So really, I'm not that sick. The temp. only showed 100.5. Was thinking in the quietness (dear husb. took the three little ones to g.m. tonight) how a COO (Chief Operating Officer) of the home doesn't really every get a sick day. I thought about what I've accomplished today despite the 'ickys' and thought I'd list them to, if nothing else, give me courage to face tomorrow!

* made breakfast (poached eggs on toast) for me and D.
* dishes, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher two times
* swept the floor three times
* walked Lisi twice
* went and got groceries
* three loads of laundry done, ironed, put away
* checked the bank balances and any upcoming bills due on-line
* ran to Target en route to...
* picking up the kids at Gpa and Gma's
* oversaw three showers
* made three kinds of meats (ribs, meatballs, sausages) for spaghetti sauce
* made homemade pizza
* took a nap (20 minutes)
* blew out the leaves/sand out of the garage
* picked up dog deposits from the yard
* visited with my neighbor while picking up the kids
* vacuumed all the rugs
* fed Lisi three times
* took aforementioned bath

And I'll quit lest it look like I'm tooting my own horn. After corraling the kids into bed, I'm going to collapse into my own. Tomorrow hopefully will be brighter. It better be as I have three additional kiddies coming over for the day.

So to all the moms out there that drag through the day despite the flu...kudos to you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dude. That's more than I do on a day when I'm feeling "good". Enjoy that soak in the tub. You so deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't sound like "dragging" through the day to me..it sounds like a very high energy day for me...especially the ironing thing..do you always do that? iron right smack dab after you do the laundry? you are organized aren't you girl? well , i'd like to see what you do to relax sometime so i don't feel like such a dud! good job. Hope you're feeling lots better!

    ReplyDelete