Thursday, March 6, 2008

Posted too soon!

Now I DO have emotion and something to write about. I was just chatting with Judy. Judy is our cleaning lady. She's been here approximately every two weeks since Rayna and Trevor joined our family. I have told Duane a few times that really, I don't 'need' her anymore since since I try to keep it picked up and tidy daily. But he said no, it is fine to keep having her come. And one of the last things Sue (Duane's sister that passed away over a year ago) told me was that I should NEVER tell Duane I don't need Judy anymore. So in loving memory of her, I've kept quiet.

Anyway, Judy was chatting along this morning as she always does. In fact, I have to make myself scarce when she comes as she'd rather get caught up on our lives and tell about her own than clean. I digress. But then she was talking about someone we both know and said, 'boy I sure would like to have her life'. And so thinking I was being cordial said, 'I would too'. Then she smiles at me and said, 'but I would like to have your life too'. And I said, 'really? why?' (thinking she might say that I have a great husband or three adorable children or a comfy home or even a cute puppy). Her response??? 'You don't have to do anything!'. I just mumbled something like...'well, that's hardly true' and left before I gave her a piece of my mind. Don't DO anything??? I think all you mom's out there know we DO something. Daily. Hourly. By the minute. And for that, I am thankful that I can accomplish much by keeping the homefires burning.

And so... phhbbbbtttt to all those that think we don't 'work'!!!

7 comments:

  1. Boy, I know how you feel! I had someone (a CLOSE someone) ask what I did all day. . . . !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you don't "do nothing" because I know how much work it is!It's even harder when working full time + besides. Thankfully I can do it at home but there's plenty of days I wish I just be at home with my own child. Now he's soon going to school so I may as well keep on working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no she DIDN'T. You're a much better person than me. I'm pretty sure I would have said farewell to her at that exact moment. Time for a "new" Judy. Then I would feel better. That took quite a bit of nerve. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...she must think that elves are cleaning the week she isn't there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok..you rousted me out of the woodwork! BIG HUGS to YOU!!! She was saying what she thinks...now you know what she thinks. Be thankful that's not what your husband thinks cuz he KNOWS better! HA. Linda...the cleaning thing is a gift..at least one day a week or so you know that the whole thing is done...otherwise you're constantly cleaning etc. I think, personally, it might be time for a different Judy. I don't think you're getting your money's worth!( she's too chatty)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I want your life! Cuz then I'd know the secret to how you keep it all together, the house, the lovely meals, well dressed, well-behaved thoughtful and courteous children, bread for the needy, visiting the sick and infirmed, helping out at school, etc etc! I, for one, admire you, so let it roll!

    ReplyDelete