Monday, March 2, 2009

Breakfast banter

Rayna: Mom? Do you and dad pray every night before bed?
Me: Of course we do.
Rayna: I do too.
Me: Well that's good. But what's important is that it is between you and God. I really don't need to know what you're praying about.
Mira: Well I know what you pray for mom...
Me: You do?
Mira: Yes. You pray that we kids turn out right.
Me: That's for sure!
Trevor: Well if you're gone I get to tell others when to pray.
Me: What?
Trevor: Well I would be the man of the house and I would tell people who gets to pray when when we're eating.
Rayna: Well I would get to start it.
Trevor: Start what?
Rayna: The grace!
Trevor: Why? Maybe I would.
Rayna: Well I'm a better singer.
Trevor: Well I'm the man.
Rayna: But I'm older. Mom? Do I get to tell people who prays since I'm older?
Me: Not really. If Trevor would be here then he would.
Trevor: See? So I would tell people.
Rayna: But if I got married and my husband was the elder than I would lead the songs.
Trevor: Not for sure.
Rayna: Yes I would because I'm a good singer.
Trevor: Well I am luckier because I can be the boss and tell people when to pray.

Me: Breakfast time!!!

Boy kids are sure interesting!



6 comments:

  1. See, I would miss your little tid-bits like this if you only went to FB. Little things like this are so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what Maxine said. I think the blog is a better forum for this kind of post.
    But- you have to do what you enjoy most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely keep blogging. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this for the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...I dont even need to leave my 2 cents, because the 3 above said just what I was going to say. Keep on blogging! These tidbits are priceless!

    Oh...no pressure...:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh if this doesn't sound like our household! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing about other kids' conversations. They're just hard to beat, aren't they? Imagine arguing about PRAYING, of all things!

    ReplyDelete