Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thoughts before bed

One thing this era of knowledge brings is a much greater awareness of others and their situations. I have loved the blogging world and getting to 'know' people I wouldn't otherwise know (except for seeing them across the way at convention or something). I have felt much less lonely because there are so many other moms and wives in the trenches doing what I do every day - loving, encouraging, praising, correcting, laughing, and trying to share something serious with our young ones. But with it all comes a greater ability to see and hear of others in scary situations. And really, that isn't bad is it? I am aware that I know a LOT of people. In fact, I couldn't count the people in my life I consider a good friend. They are too numerous and I'm thankful. But this leads me to a story I saw a few weeks back that I can't keep my thoughts from. A dear little boy that is 5 is in a burn unit in Dallas struggling through surgeries to be able to live. His parents are updating the blog daily. And we only hope and pray that he can overcome the massive injuries to him. I'm thankful that we can share in the burden that others are bearing. I just hope I never take for granted that today is a gift and so are the healthy loved ones surrounding me. I'll post a link to their website. Click at the top by the name to get the latest updates on him.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. All my email friends helped me through the time when my sister died. It is so nice to be able to help and encourage one another. I will never forget the loving words that helped me through. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following this story too. I broke my heart to read about what happened. It made me think about the Baseman situation again and thoughts of Chris. How very different her life became, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly stand to read it...so close in age to our little guy that it just seems so real reading it all...ugh..sitting here crying for them.

    ReplyDelete