Thursday, March 12, 2009

My cozy spot


It's actually part of the screened porch furniture. But instead of putting it in the basement for the winter, we put it right off the kitchen. And I'm so glad. It is where I read in the morning. It is a comfy chair where Lisi can lie right next to me (she has no living room privileges). And best of all, it is the cozy chair. The past few mornings Rayna has gotten up quite early. I naturally pull her onto my lap and we have a bit of quiet, cozy time together. She made the mistake of telling her siblings. This morning they all rushed down before their alarms went off because they wanted their own cozy time too. My lap was quite full of people. And I loved every minute. Because some day these young people are going to grow up (I hope they still like sitting on my lap) and go off to lead their own productive, happy, and hopefully helpful lives. And then the house will be empty of children. Quiet. And my chair will only have me sitting in it. So for now, I'll treasure these cozy mornings.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture... you with a lap full of kids. I often think the same thing when I'm snuggled in next to the boys... try to enjoy it because I know it won't be like this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I only have one that fits into my lap now, and that won't be for too much longer. I sure am going to miss it. There are definitely times I wish they wouldn't grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like a fantastic spot!

    ReplyDelete