Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Best Breakfast Yet!

She's such a big, reliable, lovable, gullible Big Lady.  She is onto me and my ways, yet, she's so clueless.  Yep, it's my turn to be writing again.  And pssst.  Between you and me.  I think I'm better at it than the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway.


This morning Big Lady comes stumbling out of the bedroom like she always does in that hideous robe.  I'm lying on my bed like I always do.  But I don't get up.  I don't see a need to.  You see, the first one of the MYP came down very early this morning.  She kindly fed me and let me out to do my sniffing and business.  Big Lady doesn't know this.  I was lying there looking just like this:  

She stares at me a moment.  Then gets down on her knees.  Murmurs some sweetness and then asks, 'are you not feeling good?  What's the matter?'.  Well Big Lady, nothing is the matter.  I just ate some yummy food and went to the bathroom and I'm ready for my nap.  But since we dogs don't talk and she's kinda clueless, she keeps rubbing my head and then pushes kinda funny on my belly like she's feeling for something.  

I think she worries too much.  It probably is because she loves me so much.  If I show the slightest symptom of distress, she is all over it.  Even takes me for rides to see another Big Lady that gives me shots.  

Then she says, 'Lisi, don't you want your supper?'  She always calls my meals supper even at breakfast time.  She's weird like that.  Really???  You want me to eat again?  Of course I do!  I get up slowly since my belly is already satisfied and lumber to the door.  I sit properly while she digs yet another scoop of food.  I gulp it down.  And soon I'm back again on my comfy perch that oversees all activity in the kitchen.  

Big Lady smells rat.  Well not really.  But she's starting to be suspicious.  She asks the littlest of the MYP.  Did she feed me?  No!  I told you twice mom the little one says.  She asks the middle one when he comes downstairs.  He says he hasn't been out of his room yet.  Looking good... she's still clueless.  Then the older one comes down.  She ratted out on me.  The first thing she says is, 'mom, I fed Lisi already, so you don't have to'.  OH NO!  

Big Lady whirls around and glares at me.  'You ate already?  You ate twice you big galoot.  You fooled me!'  Of course I did.  You are a bit dense around the edges.  You don't know how to read signals.  And you jump to conclusions way too fast.  

She's thinking it is time for our walk.  I'm thinking I need to lie around and digest my 'supper' times two.  Hope you have a good day.  Mine started out just wonderful!  **urp!**

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm Lisi- that sounds about like what one of my kids would do--especially the male species in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Lisi! I always knew dogs could talk, but you are really special because you write too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisi!! She has you on a diet of exercise...Once she realized you ate twice she was all over getting you some exercise quick like to wear it all off....I'm on your side, girl..I'd have preferred a nap , too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete